Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
NEED ANSWER ASAP!What's the best lightweight small stroller?
Previous  1  2

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 9:23 pm
Just as a note if you end up going with the citi mini - if you added some accessories to equal $250, you'll get a free $50 amazon gift card, effectively making the stroller PLUS a bunch of accessories $200! I spent $215 today on the citi mini stroller, the car seat adapter, the snack tray, and the rain cover!

This is my first kid, though, so no real comments. I have friends who really love their citi minis. It's also pretty highly rated on babygearlab.com, saying it's very comparable to the Britax B-Agile which was a top pick. I think britax b-agile and citi mini are pretty good top contenders for very very lightweight general strollers. We are in an apartment, so lightweight was a priority!

Anon because I think I've been bragging about this deal all day. LOL

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:38 pm
OP here. I think I have fallen into some sort of abyss of indecision and confusion. I carefully studied every stroller and I can't decide, but here is my revision of what I want:

Doesn't have to fold umbrella style anymore, just reasonably small.
Doesn't have to be super lightweight, just at least under 20lbs.
Should come in light and bright colors. (no to mountain buggy nano :/)
--> should be super maneuverable (I think this is most important to me)
I plan to put a liner in for the baby like a big buntig thing, which is why the babyzen wouldn't work, it probably won't fold like that...
Cost: under $500

someone please just tell me what to buy and what to do!! will compromise if there's nothing perfect out there!! Bounce

smss

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:55 pm
I think the City Mini and Britax B-Agile are both great! I like the buckle on the Britax a little better. However, the fold on the Britax is two-handed (though still super easy), City Mini is a true one-handed fold. They both come in nice colors and push great. People say the City Mini GT is the ultimate in an easy push, and that would still be in your price range.

Did I just confuse you more?!?!

spring13

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:40 am
amother wrote:

Doesn't have to fold umbrella style anymore, just reasonably small.
Doesn't have to be super lightweight, just at least under 20lbs.
Should come in light and bright colors. (no to mountain buggy nano :/)
--> should be super maneuverable (I think this is most important to me)
I plan to put a liner in for the baby like a big buntig thing, which is why the babyzen wouldn't work, it probably won't fold like that...
Cost: under $500

someone please just tell me what to buy and what to do!! will compromise if there's nothing perfect out there!! Bounce

There's plenty out there that meets those criteria. Go to a couple of stores if you can and push things around!

I dunno, I like having something a little bit different than what's super-popular (ie: City Mini), partly b/c it's easy to tell which one is mine. And I feel bad for all the cool strollers that don't get any attention! FWIW, I like 3-wheelers for maneuverability over 4-wheelers.

So to be more obnoxious (and to entertain myself, since I haven't had to buy a stroller in years), I poked around online and picked out some fun ones that appear to have the qualities you want. Twisted Evil

Mamas and Papas Armadillo

Valco Snap

Cybex Gold Agis M-Air 3

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 10:25 pm
I'm with you Spingr13, I was hoping to find something different. I was originally tending towards the uppa, but hearing it doesn't push great and not loving the 2 handles for pushing... The Valco snap looked good actually! but I think it's discontinued! of course.

I have a friend with a mama and papa stroller, but she says it doesn't push great.

Now I'm leaning towards the citi mini, it has that nice white-ish color I like and seems to have everything else.

Okay. I will sleep on it a little more. Thank you everyone!!

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:02 pm
Hi OP here - I just thought I'd mention that I wound up with the BabyZen. It does push smooth. It only carries up to 33lbs, but it is probably the coolest thing I own. (Especially since my sunglasses broke.) Thank you for suggesting it.

real

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:05 pm
city mini

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Hi OP here - I just thought I'd mention that I wound up with the BabyZen. It does push smooth. It only carries up to 33lbs, but it is probably the coolest thing I own. (Especially since my sunglasses broke.) Thank you for suggesting it.

How much was it?
I thought the website info. says it holds 50 lbs.? (not that a 50 pounder would need to be in stroller...)

Shira9

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 12:25 am
I know it's been awhile...just wondering how you're enjoying your babyzen. I'm trying to find out about it. reviews online are mixed and getting lots of contradicting info. I've read how strong it is and been told it's not so sturdy...TIA

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 1:22 am
If it is indeed 50 lb that is good. I would not go with 33 lb, for a small lightweight stroller I'd want to be able to keep it handy for those occasions when a larger child does need a stroller - I recently had one extremely kvetchy 40-lb-plus child because we unexpectedly had to walk quite a distance when she was overtired and hungry, and it got worse when she fell and banged her knee and really could have used a lift. I was happy I had a stroller (her little sister was not so happy to be kicked out of it but she had a long enough turn!)

Shira9

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 6:38 am
Thank you, do you actually have the stroller? I'm trying to hear from those who have it and use it. There's a review online where someone compares 2 strollers and puts her toddler son in both (looks like a very big kid actually)

cuffs

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 8:45 am
Shira9 wrote:
Thank you, do you actually have the stroller? I'm trying to hear from those who have it and use it. There's a review online where someone compares 2 strollers and puts her toddler son in both (looks like a very big kid actually)

I have the yoyo and my kid is 18 month but probably the size of a 2 year old.
It really is phenomenal for getting in and out of the car!
It's not as light as they make it out to be though. I once carried my kid with one arm and the yoyo over my other shoulder and I was in a lot of pain for the rest of the day. He weighs about 30 pounds so that could've been the problem Smile
But all in all we are very happy with it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 9:03 am
I have the city mini zip and I'm really happy with it. It folds tiny and wheels really well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics