Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy Cruz AND a snap n go?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 8:19 pm
So I decided I like the uppa baby Cruz. The
Vista seems too big/bulky and I'm not particularly interested in getting the bassinet since it's so short lived. I live in Monsey and am wondering do I need both the Cruz AND a snap n go? During the week there is a lot of driving so I feel the snap n go is a light weight, less bulky option to keep in the car (and cheap!) and on shabbos/YT there can be a lot of walking and I heard the snap n go doesn't push well and constant car seat is bad for the baby...obviously as the baby grows up the stroller is necessary. Anyone have the Cruz? Snap n go? Am I wrong about the bassinet? I know that a car seat can fit straight into Cruz w adapter but I'm concerned about the bulkiness and inconvenience when getting in and out of the car. Please share your experience/opinions! TY!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 8:27 pm
I have both. Love my Cruz, but I got it when my baby was about 8 months old so not relevant to the newborn stage. I also love my Snap 'n Go, it's so convenient in those first few months (especially with a winter baby like mine), but like you said it doesn't push so well on bumpy roads. The Cruz is much smoother and easier to push. I'm not sure I'd like putting a newborn in the Cruz because of the seat shape, but then again I guess it's not that different than the car seat shape.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 8:34 pm
I don't have the Uppababy but I have a Mamas and Papas which I could have bought an adapter to use the car seat with. I decided to get a snap n go (Joovy brand actually) instead and I am so happy I did. When I walk places I take the stroller, but if I have to run errands, the snap n go is so much more convenient! I can just leave it in the car without having to shlep it in and out and worrying about forgetting it over Shabbos.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 8:46 pm
We have the Cruz and a snap n go (and by how, an umbrella stroller too). For the reasons you mentioned- the snap n go was lighter for the car when we were in a hurry to go places, and the Cruz is excellent for longer walks or for wheeling baby in the house.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 10:37 pm
Just to offer a different opinion...

I have the cruz and I use an adapter for the car seat instead of the snap and go. I'm very happy with it. It's super easy to fold and put in the car (the trick is to put on the brake and pull out the handle to the highest level, this way it stands on it's own). I'm constantly putting it in and out of the trunk and I have no problems.

The bassinet is a short lived item depending on the size of your baby. I happen to use it as a crib, so I definitely get my use out of it. It really depends how much you love the look, cuz it is an extra $200.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:12 am
You cn't go wrong wit hthe snap n' go, if you don't buy it now, you'll prob end up buying it by your next kid.
Just look into the one you are buying some are better quality then others .

sky

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 1:18 pm
And yet another opinion - if you think you may also need a car stroller you may as well get a good umbrella stroller that takes a carseat. This way you can use as a snap and go and as a stroller. They aren't much more money and some way the same amount and fold just as easily.

Something like the Graco verb (cheaper then some snap n gos) or the Graco Breaze, not too expensive with 20% off coupon at BBB (and looks nicer).

Miri7

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 2:07 pm
I have the cruz and love it. I borrowed the bassinet from a friend who has a vista. I know that the bassinets do tend to get loaned out since they are only useful for a very short period. See if you have a friend from whom you can borrow.

I also got a snap and go handed down - it's very handy to have to keep in the car.

mommy best

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 2:22 pm
What's abt the phil&teds Smart Lux Stroller, it is easy to push and has the option of becoming a bassinet.

Last edited by mommy best on Thu, Mar 03 2016, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

twogees

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 2:56 pm
I have the vista and got myself the adaptor (from someone who got a 2014 for the 2015 model and got it for less than it is online) and mainly use that if we go out and need a stroller. didnt feel the need for the snap n go since I would be using the vista more.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:06 pm
Miri7 wrote:
I have the cruz and love it. I borrowed the bassinet from a friend who has a vista. I know that the bassinets do tend to get loaned out since they are only useful for a very short period. See if you have a friend from whom you can borrow.

I also got a snap and go handed down - it's very handy to have to keep in the car.

Did the vista bassinet fit on the Cruz base?

Tekky

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 3:10 pm
Only the vista bassinet from 2015 onwards will fit on the cruz.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:21 pm
I have a few regular strollers but snap and Goes are amazing for the car with an infant.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 8:38 pm
I'm also looking into this stroller. For those who have the uppababy cruz, what do you like about it and what don't you like?

Does anyone know where in/near Flatbush I can go see one in person and try it?

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 8:45 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics