Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pesach hotel, without the hotel
1  2  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 8:19 pm
I heard that there are nice apartments in Florida, where Pesach is completely catered.
Does such a thing exist in NY or NJ?

doctorima

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 8:47 pm
I've never heard of it. When I saw your title, I immediately thought of the FL programs that advertise this service, never seen it anywhere else.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 9:37 pm
http://adifferentpesachprogram.com

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 9:43 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
http://adifferentpesachprogram.com

Thank you. I could only find Florida locations here.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:18 pm
Is the "Different Pesach Program" less expensive than going to a hotel, or just more luxurious accommodations?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:24 pm
I don't know if there is any difference in price, but it would suit my extended secular family far better than a hotel program.

cuffs

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
Is the "Different Pesach Program" less expensive than going to a hotel, or just more luxurious accommodations?

I think it's supposed to be more affordable.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 10 2016, 11:04 pm
Sorry about the doom and gloom but you might want to google reviews about this type of program. I read terrible reviews - I think on Chowhound Kosher - on one of them, so check it isn't this one!

simcha2

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 3:50 am
This may not work for you, but think that it is very doable to do on your own. Find a suitable rental on air bnb or vrbo.com. In my experience lots of these are very clean to start. Take one day to kasher. Order prepared food to be delivered from one of the many caterers that do Pesach. Buy lots of disposables....Just a thought.

strawberry cola

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 8:15 am
I think Highland Park Colony in Woodridge offers Pesach accommodations, with or without food

sky

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 8:46 am
You could order food to be shipped anywhere. Rent a house near a shul and hire a maid service to clean. You could probably even do this in areas like Tannersville or hunter near the shul.

https://www.batyaskitchen.com/orderinfo.cfm
(I've never ordered from here, but once read an article about her service)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 9:04 pm
OP here.
I don't want to be blow torching and silver foiling a rental. Also kashering questions can pop up in an unfamiliar place, and I'm not planning on renting much ahead of Pesach.
I had assumed that the Orlando apartments would not require kashering?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 9:05 pm
strawberry cola wrote:
I think Highland Park Colony in Woodridge offers Pesach accommodations, with or without food

How would I find out more about this? I googled, but didn't come up with anything.

strawberry cola

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:16 pm
Highland Park Resort
Available with or without food
104 Highland Ave.
Woodridge, NY 12789

Contact Family Tabak
845-434-0102

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 3:51 am
I think you might want to post here, too. For the kind of prices even these cheaper than hotels programs charge, I bet you could find some imamother who knows of a vacant apartment nearby, and would be glad to supply food and babysitting.

Do I get a referral fee if it works out? Wink

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 3:54 am
amother wrote:
OP here.
I don't want to be blow torching and silver foiling a rental. Also kashering questions can pop up in an unfamiliar place, and I'm not planning on renting much ahead of Pesach.
I had assumed that the Orlando apartments would not require kashering?

I'm sure you could hire someone to do the actaul kashering as well.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 7:52 am
I really need things to be smooth and seamless, we're talking about secular people with high standards when it comes to accommodations.

I'm not doing this to save money (the relatives are willing to pay), I'm really doing this because I think it would be awkward for them to be at one of the standard Pesach programs. We want them to feel comfortable, and not like they are a "kiruv project". We are so grateful that they choose to spend Pesach with us (when there are many less limiting options out there!). We just don't want to mess up the delicate balance by throwing in a whole group of strangers to the mix.

If we can get the "service" without the crowds that would be ideal.

Please don't judge me, I usually make my own Pesach, I just don't think I'm up to pulling it off with all these people this year.

But I do appreciate all suggestions and recommendations!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 12:39 pm
saw u posted about this elsewhere and just putting it out there that if u go to a luxe and more chilled program they don't shove speeches down ur throat... I know ppl that had similar situations and their relatives really enjoyed the over the top fancy yom tov and felt very comfortable...

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 2:58 pm
I know lots of traditional people who go to pesach programs and enjoy them. Not that I have been to them, but I didn't think they were kiruv style, but more about having fun.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 1:11 am
Yes, true. If I could find a place with the right balance I would certainly opt for a hotel:

Sophisticated, classy (but not grossly lavish)
Not kiruv style
High kashrus standard
Down to earth crowd (my relatives' eyes would pop if there were a fashion show at every meal)

I've no experience of Pesach hotels, and I guess I"m nervous to risk it on my relatives' tab.
I figured a high end catered rental would be lower risk...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics