Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Relating to someone who is mechallel Shabbos
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 1:48 pm
I will chime in to say that I don't really believe in the torah either. However, I don't think science really had any strong answers so I consider myself agnostic at this point.
At first I only wanted out, then as time went on I realized that I love my life the way it is now, I love the peace of Shabbos and the fact that my children aren't exposed to things I wouldn't want them seeing like drugs and violence. I have everything I want in life and for me this is enough.
When dh and I go on vacation I use that time to do things I can never do at home, and dress the way I want to.
I don't miss it much when I get home, it's like I had my fun and now it's back to real life. But that's just me. Every person is different.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 2:27 pm
Can someone please explain what this cheskas hakashrus means? I would think it means in terms of judging someone favorably, but in this case he has overtly told me the truth so I don't see why it matters how many people he did or didn't do it in front of. If he did in front of 7 frum people it wouldn't count but in front of 10 yes? If he did it in front of a bunch of other non-frum Jews who are also deliberately making the same choices, that doesn't count? I dunno, it all sounds the same to me...

Zehava

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 2:38 pm
It's halacha. Like Tahara hamishpacha. Why does the Kallah teacher tell you not to look? I mean if there's blood there's blood wouldn't that make you niddah?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions