Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
How to wash stainless steel pots

chanee

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 10:46 am
Would someone mind teaching me the basics of cleaning dirty pots? I'm using dish lotion or cleanser w/ bleach. How may steal wool be used so pots get cleaned but not scratched? And how does everyone keep their pots shining and mines are all scratched with no shine?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 11:00 am
Use a crumpled up ball of tin foil. It won't scratch like steel pads, and you can just toss it when you're done. If you presoak you pans, it will even get rid of nasty burnt on stuff.

trixx

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 11:28 am
Baking soda for most small things, for shine and cleaning
Barkeepers friend for harder burns or black stuff

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 11:39 am
I use the plastic those scrubbee pads on my SS and don't have any issues. I have some inherited cookware that is more than 30 years old. ETA and yes, as another ousted, Barkeepers Friend provides just enough gentle grit to get cookware clean without damage to the finish.

Not sure why you need to scrub so vigorously as my pans don't have horribly adhering food when I clean them. The exterior almost never has food so I just use a sponge. On the few occasions when there are really sticky pans, I soak for awhile and then food comes off without scrubbing. For really horrendous stuff, I have filled with water and boiled which seems to eliminate the need for hard core scrubbing with steel wool.

Maybe with undue scrubbing you have created small imperfections that cause food to stick badly.

For items that really would stick, I do have sime nonstick interior pans.

I line my roasting pans with heavy duty foil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars