Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Jury duty rockland county

thatworn

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:33 am
Did anyone ever get out of it due to having children at home? My neighbour thinks it's not an excuse and they'll tell me to get a babysitter. I B"H have 3 of my children at home full time. One of them is a nursing baby who can't drink from a bottle. None of them has ever been to a baby sitter and would be hysterical (especially my 4 year old who has major separation anxiety issues) if left with one - if I could even find one. Has anyone had experience in this situation?

vet techy

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:44 am
Yes I have several times but not recently they might of gotten stricter.
I had one DC coming home at 3 and I asked them if I will be home by then and they said no so they postponed in for a few years. I also told them I have a baby nursing and they postponed it.
If you call just explain your situation they might be sympathetic.
I have a friend who took her kids there and asked where she could nurse they told her to go home.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 12:34 pm
Absolutely they excuse mothers of young children who are the primary caregiver. Just write it on the form and mail it back. I've done so many times.

thatworn

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 10:54 pm
Thanks, ladies. Merrymom - after I send the form back (I'm planning on sending a covering letter and copies of children's birth certificates) do they write to me or call me to let me know if I'm excused? Let's daven it works! I'm happy to do jury duty ... when I'm in my 50s or 60s or something!

Merrymom

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 11:20 pm
thatworn wrote:
Thanks, ladies. Merrymom - after I send the form back (I'm planning on sending a covering letter and copies of children's birth certificates) do they write to me or call me to let me know if I'm excused? Let's daven it works! I'm happy to do jury duty ... when I'm in my 50s or 60s or something!

You don't have to send a birth certificate. Just sign your name. You can call them if you want to make sure but they'll tell you the same thing. They won't call you or confirm in any way.

PAMOM

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 9:18 am
You don't need copies of the birth certificates. Just write the information on the form and they'll excuse you. It's automatic for primary caregivers of small children. They put your name in a file (more or less) to go back into the pot in x years.

SingALong

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 11:26 am
Not in rock land county, but in Nj I was called for jury duty, 1 nursing baby with 2 toddlers in 1/2 day playgroup, home by 2. I just called them and they said I don't need to come. I read on the website that anyone who's a primary caregiver for a minor, elderly person, special needs/sick person is exempt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics