Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Best car for a growing family

twogees

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 1:28 pm
We are looking into either buying or financing a car after pesach. right now, we have a small car which is not ideal since we have a baby and occasionally need the room. any ideas on what car to look into?

loveit

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 2:58 pm
minivan if you can, once you have a second child you won't be able take anyone extra and you'll feel stuck. SUVs also have extra space but the third row isn't as easily accessible. A minvan's sliding doors are perfect and much easier for taking infant car seats in and out.

twogees

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 3:06 pm
minivan is my dream but my dh is not so fond of how they drive....he is more of an suv/suburban type....I am not so sure I want those....

busydev

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 3:36 pm
There have been many minivan converts. Newer minivans are very different and drive very different then the old ones. Has he tried some of those out?

SUVs etc use more gas. They are not as convienent with kids (from accessing back seats to opening doors into traffic)

My dh wasn't to into the minivan idea either but he gave in after he drive a 2014 minivan for a summer (Hus job rented it for him) our minivan is older but hes OK with it. (Does help that its not his main car)

If he hadn't come around I was going to have him do a trial run buckling kids into car seats in the back row of a SUV and a minivan with 35 lbs strapped to his front to let me know what he thought, but he came around.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 3:42 pm
I have a used volvo SUV and its amazing. I love that its the opposite of a minivan there are three seats in the middle and two in the back. It handles fantastically in the snow and rain. It has great safety features but is not fancy at all.

DH does the bulk of the driving and does not like mini vans in snowy weather so we narrowed it down to this and the honda pilot.

twogees

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 3:47 pm
hes driven my moms and sil toyota seinna-2 or 3 yr diff. and didnt like it. hes also drove the oddesy which he doesnt like...

loveit

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 8:23 pm
Is the car for you or for him?

twogees

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 8:28 pm
eventually for both. at the moment, I dont drive but hopefully getting it soon. by the summer I hope to be driving.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 8:56 pm
Suv makes sense up tull u have 3 kids after that mini van.

abaker

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 6:35 pm
ez-pass wrote:
Suv makes sense up tull u have 3 kids after that mini van.

Just want to add..We have an suv and can't fit anyone else but our family of 4 in it. Some suv's basically only have as much room as a car. For example ours will only fit 2 carseat and no room in the middle for an adult or even a 3rd carseat for a child. We will be looking for a van soon.

I do know some people who were able to fit 3 carseat in their car or suv but they had to search for the smallest carseats and luckily their car was wide enough to make it work.

smile22

Post Sat, Mar 19 2016, 9:38 pm
We have 2 in a crv and I am counting the days until our lease will be up.
First of all the electric doors really make a difference. When I drive Ds to school everyone just presses the button while I have to come out of the car to open and close the door. 2nd if your are going to do carpool you can't fit and even if you do try and squish it, bending over and climbing in to try and seatbelt with the boosters and all is a real pain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics