Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best double for stairs?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 1:27 pm
Looking for a double stroller that can do stairs well. It has to have reversible seats, both possible to be parent facing. Any ideas? Unlimited budget.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 2:32 pm
The lighter the stroller the better. But just know that no stroller has a warranty once it is used on stairs.
I have the citymini and its pretty good on Stairs just so so so heavy I have to take out one kid before I go up or down a flight.

Tekky

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 3:00 pm
The only double stroller that is a side-by-side that has reversible seats is the bugaboo donkey. you can theoretically purchase the bassinet/reversible seat part for a duet, but it only holds kids for a few months.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 3:10 pm
There's another one, the Stroll Air My Duo but I don't know much about it other than that it's a side by side with reversible seats and it folds with the seats on. I have no idea about the quality or if it would meet your needs.

le cure

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:33 pm
I have heard that the stroll air is very poor quality, that the frame has even collapsed on some ppl while their kids were in it! crazy. but there are tandem strollers I know have reversible seats I have no idea about how they will do on the stairs though. two are: uppababy vista with the rumble seat, and the citymini city select. good luck!

twogees

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:06 pm
the city select for the one seat stroller is 28 lbs
the uppababy is 27.5 lbs for the seat+frame

tho if you have an unlimeted budget, go for either the uppababy or the buggaboo donkey.

I know the uppababy as a single pushes amazing not sure as a double.

wiki

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 11:02 am
Double strollers with reversible seats are, by definition, at the very high end of stroller weight. No way around that. You might find something that can handle stairs without breaking, but you will not find something in that weight that is easy to schlep on stairs, especially with two children inside. Some of the forward-facing double strollers will be easier on the stairs, and you may just have to decide which end of the compromise is more appealing to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics