Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
IRONING ACCORDION PLEATED SKIRT

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 8:17 am
Does anyone have any tips on how to iron a cotton accordion pleated skirt?
TIA

newmommy:)

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 8:22 am
dont.

cm

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 9:03 am
Place the skirt over the end of your ironing board so you are only working with one layer of fabric.

Organize the pleats the way you want them, and cover with a pressing cloth. Press with your iron, being careful not to move the pleats. Probably best to start from the waist and move down. If the fabric can take steam, use plenty. Let it cool before moving to the next part so the freshly ironed part doesn't get mussed while still hot.

In the future, hang the skirt to dry with the pleats pinned together at the bottom.

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 9:14 am
I would dampen the skirt and let dry first. You can pin the bottom being careful to remove the pins so as not to scratch your iron. Steam the edges of the pleats and iron on the hottest setting for your fabric.

If the pleats are completely destroyed, consider having the dry cleaner repleat for you.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:27 am
Even many cleaners will refuse this.

I would sew down the pleats - a lot of work - and then dampen before ironing - hang to dry without removing the threads until dry.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:50 am
I once had a dry cleaners that ironed out all the pleats on my skirt..... needless to say I was not happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry