Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Dressing a toddler boy up as a girl
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 4:59 am
DrMom wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this was already mentioned:

Here in Israel, many secular elementary schools have a "cross-dressing day" the week before Purim. Boys are instructed to come to school dressed as girls, and girls are required to come to school dressed as boys.

shock What the??????? shock

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 8:57 am
DrMom wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this was already mentioned:

Here in Israel, many secular elementary schools have a "cross-dressing day" the week before Purim. Boys are instructed to come to school dressed as girls, and girls are required to come to school dressed as boys.

that is pretty messed up ...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:26 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
My brothers always dressed up as a girl purim. It's adorable! I mean, come on ladies, what's the big deal? Ur kid is happy? Your happy? Great! It's just purim!

I don't get why some ppl get so worked up of a less than 3 year old dressed up one day of the year as a different gender Rolling Eyes

I'm making upsheren 2 days after purim iyh, and he will be a girl iyh!! Enjoy life! Smile

my very boyish boy toddler was soooo excited to put on his sister's old outfit today and go to preschool to show it off. the teacher asked they should come dressed up today and I was not going to send him in his new costume that I bought for purim so this was an easy last minute decision and it went over so well. my kids and DH thought it was so fun! and yes, he looked adorable and like a real girl and no I don't think this will come back to haunt me later on.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
my very boyish boy toddler was soooo excited to put on his sister's old outfit today and go to preschool to show it off. the teacher asked they should come dressed up today and I was not going to send him in his new costume that I bought for purim so this was an easy last minute decision and it went over so well. my kids and DH thought it was so fun! and yes, he looked adorable and like a real girl and no I don't think this will come back to haunt me later on.

I think it's especially innocent when it's little boys dressing up in their older sisters' clothes. It's natural for younger siblings to look up to older ones, regardless of gender, and I think in those cases it has less to do with gender and more to do with feeling "big".
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics