Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Brussel attacks
Previous  1  2

asmileaday

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 10:37 am
ValleyMom wrote:
As an orthodox Jew I would say the best place for anyone who has trust and faith in Hashem. would be Israel.

Israel is truly our home.

Technically I hear you and understand you. I know I'm not safe here, but I don't fear cars slamming into me or people stabbing me from behind every time I walk out on the street. I love Israel but would definitely not move there at this time.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 12:12 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Hashem is waking us up? to what? There are constant attacks over the world, and if it's not that, then it's famine, draught, civil war, tsunami, hurricane,, ebola plague... I don't find spirituality in people's blood. I can see how it would davka desensitize to the spiritual.

He's involved in everything. Everything should be a wake up call.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 12:49 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Hashem is waking us up? to what? There are constant attacks over the world, and if it's not that, then it's famine, draught, civil war, tsunami, hurricane,, ebola plague... I don't find spirituality in people's blood. I can see how it would davka desensitize to the spiritual.

We're sleeping when everything is fine. More people daven/pray when things are bad then when they are good.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 7:23 pm
Bottom line is this:

You either choose to live in FEAR or in FAITH.

When you live in fear there is no room for faith.
When you live in faith there is no room for fear.

I grew up with a mother that survived the Holocaust- I grew up living in fear,

Today I CHOOSE to liven faith.
Hashem has a master plan.

We just need to have the faith that he is our best interest in mind.

etky

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 3:37 am
ValleyMom wrote:
Bottom line is this:

You either choose to live in FEAR or in FAITH.

When you live in fear there is no room for faith.
When you live in faith there is no room for fear.

I grew up with a mother that survived the Holocaust- I grew up living in fear,

Today I CHOOSE to liven faith.
Hashem has a master plan.

We just need to have the faith that he is our best interest in mind.

I'm not sure I agree with this dichotomy.
I consider myself someone who lives her life in faith. In other words - I believe in Hashem's master plan and that it is teneted on a system of true justice that is not always apparent to us. I try not to question too much when bad things happen because I think that line of thinking is futile. Hashem's governance of the world is something that, for the most part, we humans are incapable of grasping.
That doesn't mean though that fear is not an element in my life, even though I like to believe that I am where I am and pretty much doing what I should be doing as part of this plan.
On a philosphical, existential level believing in Hashem's plan is comforting but on the day to day level, when my daily and weekly routines take me and my loved ones to places where attacks have taken place I am nervous and often afraid.
I don't think that belief and fear are mutually exclusive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics