Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Hibernating on the couch before the introvert nightmare
Previous  1  2  3

Emotional

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 8:01 pm
MrsDuby wrote:
... I do exercises that help strengthen my energy field so I'm not as vulnerable to the "loudness" around me... and it does help.

What kind of exercises? Please share!!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 10:09 pm
another vote for an introvert who (still) loves Purim

I realize though that I do organize the day in a way that works for me so that I am not surrounded by tons of people all day long or being "on" all day long and clarify my focus on what I am doing in a way that works for me B"H.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 10:45 pm
Wow was a little tough. I found it helped that I drove and my husband got out of car and I stayed in.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 11:06 pm
So that wasn't so bad after all. Most of the day was fine. With me staying in the car or being in houses that were relatively quiet. Did finish off with a banging loud party but it was with people I like (never happened before) and by that time I wasn't freaking out anymore and was able to handle it for 2-3 hours. Glad it's all over.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 12:17 am
Now that Purim is over on my side of the world, I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for the informal support group.

Being an introvert when most of the people you know are not can be a bit hard sometimes, esp on Purim where it seems like everyone else is running to the eye of the Purimstorm and you're running away from it. (You're missing out!!!! There's this huuuuuge Purim parade with 74 boom boxes and 24 singers and 25 trillion people there all singing and dancing! Why are you staying inside and missing out on all the fun?)

So thanks for the validation and commiseration!!! Cheers! LOL

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 25 2016, 3:31 am
amother wrote:
Now that Purim is over on my side of the world, I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for the informal support group.

Being an introvert when most of the people you know are not can be a bit hard sometimes, esp on Purim where it seems like everyone else is running to the eye of the Purimstorm and you're running away from it. (You're missing out!!!! There's this huuuuuge Purim parade with 74 boom boxes and 24 singers and 25 trillion people there all singing and dancing! Why are you staying inside and missing out on all the fun?)

So thanks for the validation and commiseration!!! Cheers! LOL

Yes! This thread was very reassuring and validating Smile
Days like purim and simchas torah really make me feel like there's something wrong with me. Everyone else looks forward to the fun. But it just stresses me out. The (internal) pressure to make sure my kids have a good time and to do all the 'right' things make me feel like I'm going to explode.
My husband is the total opposite. So it really doesn't help. The next day he's business as usual, it's almost Shabbos here and I still feel hungover (and I don't drink..)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics