Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Agudah Midwest vs Mogen Av

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:01 am
Hi, I have a 12 yo ds who wants to go to sleep away camp this summer, we are debating between these 2. He is a bit shy and not very confident, he's good at sports and very sweet. Which camp is warmer/friendlier staff and boys, which one is less competitive - less materialistic more OOT-ish, more activities etc.? Any insights would be so appreciated, I'm surprised that he wants to go but proud of him and want to make sure he's in the best place for him.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:08 am
I would suggest looking into Toras Chaim Tashbar, or Tashbar for short, in Liberty, NY. My son is similar to how you described yours, and he has been very happy there. Very warm, small, non-competitive, but well-run and fun program on really nice grounds.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:40 am
Thank you for that insight, we're from oot, are there other ootners there? Does anyone else have experience with the other 2 camps, any advice?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children