Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molescum contagiousium
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:11 pm
Bump!
Anybody else have success with teatree oil?
Where do I buy that?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:19 pm
I was advised by my doctor to try grapefruit seed extract. It's a natural virus killer. Use a q-tip when applying as it can irritate the surrounding skin. BH it worked for us. The rash that you are experiencing is most likely excema. They often come together. Good luck.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:57 pm
I'm the amother that bumped. My child doesn't have a rash. Just about 10 dots, mostly small....but another of my children (who must have given it to this child,) started with few and ended up getting about 75 pimples. I would love to stop the virus in its tracks, if possible. You think covering the pimples helps? like, with bandaids or s/t?

Should I be concerned about using this extract (or a/t that would irritate,) on a less than 2 year old?

nnmom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:18 pm
We have had it in our house for YEARS. No exaggeration. Someone told us 1-2 years is average for the virus. DD had it for 3 years.
Last year I bought Zymaderm from Amazon.
It worked to control and minimize the spots. Especially for my DS who has eczema that was exacerbated by the mollescum.
It's natural and topical and was definitely well worth it!!

nnmom

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:20 pm
I forgot to add I used it on my son when he was 2, not under 2. But I would have if I had known about it then.

And, my understanding is that once the virus is in the body, there is no way to eliminate it until the child develops the antibodies.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:32 pm
My dd has just 1 spot fir months already. I hear that appke cider vinegar is the only thing that works. I'm starting to use it now. I hooe it does work. Not looking forward to them spreading so I hope we will stop it right away

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:50 pm
nnmom wrote:

And, my understanding is that once the virus is in the body, there is no way to eliminate it until the child develops the antibodies.

I heard this too, but it still makes me wonder why the new pimples form wherever the older pimples were touching. For example my child has a pimple on inner arm and now getting more pimples on side of chest that corresponds (where they have contact.)

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:50 pm
my kids had it and it was spreading fast. Because it's contagious in water, we had it treated before the summer so they could go swimming in camp.

I took them to an amazing dermatologist and she administered the "blister" treatment. Each molluscum is individually dabbed with a serum derived from blister beetles. It cause each to blister, creating a separation between the skin and molluscum. then the immune system kicks in to heal the blister.

Molluscum is purely a skin infection, related to the pox virus. For whatever reason, the body's immune system doesn't recognize it s something it needs to take care of. By creating the blisters, it in effect "wakes up" the body's natural immune system and will begin to naturally fight off all present and future blisters.

In fact, one of my children had on their face as well but the derm didn't want to treat it at all for fear of scarring but she did treat the rest of his body. Once he'd had a couple of treatments, the ones on his face disappeared as well because the body finally took care of it.

Yes, it will eventually go away if you wait long enough however they do spread to the face and they are contagious so it is best to take care of it so your children feel good about themselves and don't infect others.

22devora

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:28 pm
2 of my kids had it.I was told by 1 dermatologist to leave it alone but instead of going away was just multiplying....I went to another dermatologist he cut them out and did that every time another one came back...and that was the end of the story

ahuvah4

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:31 pm
I did tea tree oil, it worked!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 11:34 pm
I told my DIL to use tea tree oil & she said it worked. I mix it with any mild skin cream because straight oil is strong.

srbmom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:05 am
I bought both tea tree oil and tea tree oil soap in Trader Joes. I used the soap in the bath and then dabbed the dots with the oil using a qtip. I did try to cover the more condensed areas with a band aid.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 12:19 am
Where can I buy tea tree oil besides Trader Joes anybody? a regular pharmacy? ShopRite? Target? Walmart?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 5:27 am
amother wrote:
Where can I buy tea tree oil besides Trader Joes anybody? a regular pharmacy? ShopRite? Target? Walmart?

Walmart has small bottles and they're not expensive.

tomboy

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 1:39 pm
Has anyone tried rubbing alcohol?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:03 pm
desitin or zinc oxide cream can help.

mom24.7

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 7:29 pm
How long did you do the tea tree oil for before it worked ? I'm doing that and apple cider baths for close to a month and its not getting any better! My daughter has it for close to 2 years...

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 8:49 pm
I spoke to a natural path doctor in Lakewood today. She said that they make a remedy based on a urine sample. I have a friend that did this and saw results. I can let you know if it works for us too.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 9:01 pm
My daughter had it for 9 months until I tried tea tree oil and within 3 weeks the spots were gone.

But a different poster mentioned about "waking up" the immune system. I wonder if that's what happened because around the same time that I started the tea tree oil she was picking and picking at one until it became infected and pus filled and needed an antibiotic. I wonder if that "woke up" her immune system to clear the rest of the bumps. Interesting theory at least...

srbmom

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 11:28 pm
Quote:

How long did you do the tea tree oil for before it worked ? I'm doing that and apple cider baths for close to a month and its not getting any better! My daughter has it for close to 2 years...

What are you doing with the tea tree oil?
I used the tea tree oil bar of soap in the bath all over my kids' bodies and then dabbed the tea tree oil liquid on the actual bumps after the bath.
I saw results within a week. But they only had it for a very short time before I started this
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics