Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Lubavitch meat at restaurants

love2eat

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 6:56 pm
I only eat Lubavitch shechita. Any ideas of restaurants that offer lubavitch meat/chicken? Any leads would be great! TIA

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:06 pm
where? I'm pretty sure Deli Kasbah in Manhattan and everywhere in Crown Heights is

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:10 pm
I would think that restaurants under the CHK or OK would be your best bets, but call and speak to the Mashgiach to confirm.

love2eat

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:15 pm
I didn't make myself clear.. Sry. I need to make a sheva Brochos, week before Pesach... Anywhere in Brooklyn (boro park,flatbush,Manhattan...) Crown heights places are too small to cater
A place big enough for abt 30 pple

love2eat

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:17 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
where? I'm pretty sure Deli Kasbah in Manhattan and everywhere in Crown Heights is

Yes deli kasbah does have Lubavitch shechita, but they r not big enough for a sheva Brochos Crying

celesteno

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:41 pm
I think Chagall's in Park Slope has

potatoes

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 7:49 pm
Mendys in CH can fit 30 ppl.
You can call any restaurant in the tri state area, ask them if they would be able to have lubavitch shchita for your event. Speak to mashgiach and/or owner. A place with a reliable hechsher and mashgiach temidi, you can trust if they will work with you to have lubavitch for your event.

coffeedrinker

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 8:25 pm
I was at a large sheva brachos at mendys they made it at the entrance to jcm (where the steps and elevator are.)

shluchamom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 8:49 pm
Bentzi Turk has a catering place on east ny or empire and they should have enough place for thirty people dovid malka place might also be big enough. 30 people isn't that big of a sheva brochos in crown heights.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 8:56 pm
Wolf and lamb on coney and m has is plenty big and has some cuts lubab schechita. Call and the mashgiach will tell u which ones.

egam

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:07 pm
shluchamom wrote:
Bentzi Turk has a catering place on east ny or empire and they should have enough place for thirty people dovid malka place might also be big enough. 30 people isn't that big of a sheva brochos in crown heights.

We had our lechaim there. It's nice place. Definitely good for 30 people.

love2eat

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:17 pm
shluchamom wrote:

They had a fire there 2 yrs ago...

picklelover

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:13 am
Look at the OK website, they have a list of all restaurants and many are lubavitch meat.

SYA

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 7:45 am
Mendys uses the inner room for Sheva brochos. We've seated about 25 people there and still had room for more.

Dovid Malkas should fit 30 people comfortably.

The restaurants that are not under the CHK that also serve Lubavitch meat do not necessarily cook it separately. They may use the same utensils and fry in same oil... If someone is makpid to only eat Lubavitch meat then they won't eat it if it was prepared together with non Lubavitch meat. That is something you would have to clarify. I've heard Wolf and Lamb in Flatbush has Lubavitch meat on request.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics