Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Do you recommend this?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 12:24 pm
Do any of you ladies sell things on ebay or amazon for income, and if so, would you recommend it?

I'm not happy with my current employment, and selling stuff online has always been very appealing to me....Is it possible to really make a parnassah this way?

If anyone does it and is successful, are there any websites or blogs you wouldn't mind pointing me to? Or advice you can give?

Tia!

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 12:38 pm
Nope. It's really, really hard and not a dependable source of income.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 12:49 pm
agreer wrote:
Nope. It's really, really hard and not a dependable source of income.

Thanks. Are you saying his based on your own experience?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 2:05 pm
Hi
I only managed to sell 4 things on ebay. Its not for parnassa. Its just to bring in extra cash. It didnt help as I only earned £3

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:

I'm a different amother. It's a lot of hard work. You need to pick one category and somehow find out who the top distributors are so that you can get the items for a decent price. You would need to buy a very large quantity in order to make it worthwhile.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 2:43 pm
I know 2 people that are very very successful doing this. One is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on a luxury item- but they are the actual manufacturer /wholesaler. The other sells cheaper items but does lots of quantities.

I know way more people that are making just enough to get by or not even that. If can be a tough market. (Amazon tougher than Ebay ).

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:41 pm
OP
Thanks to all who responded

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 8:50 pm
I recommend the classes on http://thesellingfamily.com/ --- Jessica and her husband make 6 figures with the FBA program. It's a great viable career for many. I have made money doing it, but I prefer to put my eggs in other baskets and just do a little here and there.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 9:10 pm
Thanks for that tip Twins Mommy! I will look into them

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 10:46 pm
It is possible, my husband has an Amazon store. Just be aware that it is a lot of work even though it sounds really simple.

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 3:11 am
amother wrote:

Yes, based on my own experience. I spent one summer trying to source goods at "big box" stores and it was hard... I know people make a lot if they directly do the manufacturing/importing. But just to buy and sell? Not easy at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers