Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
S/o SAHMs cost of cleaning help

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 11:16 pm
It seems like having a lot of cleaning help is common even with sahms. Just curious how much you pay per hour.

I have 2 ladies who come together every other week for about 2 hours (5 bed 4 bath 3700 sq ft house) and it costs 100. What about you?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 11:19 pm
I think it makes a big difference depending where you live. I pay my cleaning lady $13 an hour in Miami.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:02 am
Since I'm a SAHM, we can't afford cleaning help.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:07 am
40 to 60 shekels an hour, depending on how deep the cleaning is, if they do windows, etc.

m in Israel

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:37 am
amother wrote:
It seems like having a lot of cleaning help is common even with sahms. Just curious how much you pay per hour.

I have 2 ladies who come together every other week for about 2 hours (5 bed 4 bath 3700 sq ft house) and it costs 100. What about you?

100 what? Big difference between euros and shekels, for example. . .

And why would cleaning help cost differently based on whether you are a sahm or not? It may affect how much help you need/can afford, but why would it affect the hourly rate?

It sounds like you are paying "25" an hour (2 ladies, 2 hours each). If that is a dollar amount it sounds pretty high. If it is shekels it sounds quite low. And I don't know the rates of cleaning help in other countries.

Here in my neighborhood in Israel cleaning help is generally between 45 and 50 nis an hour, although you can occasionally find as low as 40 and some cleaners may charge a bit more. FF's answer of between 40 and 60 nis is pretty true. Many also ask for something towards transportation (a certain amount of money per visit, regardless of how many hours).

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:14 am
$11 an hour. three hours weekly so its $33
3 bed 2 full bath w/powder room and all.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:26 am
$10\hour, 6 hrs per week, (2 hr/ 3 days) = $60.

1400 sq ft home - 2 + 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and lots of toys and messes and laundry and linen ... Smile.

No transportation costs.

littleprincess

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:31 am
England 6£/hour. 5 hours a week (3 hours Monday 2 hours thursday) that's 30£ a week.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 2:58 pm
m in Israel wrote:
100 what? Big difference between euros and shekels, for example. . .

And why would cleaning help cost differently based on whether you are a sahm or not? It may affect how much help you need/can afford, but why would it affect the hourly rate?

It sounds like you are paying "25" an hour (2 ladies, 2 hours each). If that is a dollar amount it sounds pretty high. If it is shekels it sounds quite low. And I don't know the rates of cleaning help in other countries.

Here in my neighborhood in Israel cleaning help is generally between 45 and 50 nis an hour, although you can occasionally find as low as 40 and some cleaners may charge a bit more. FF's answer of between 40 and 60 nis is pretty true. Many also ask for something towards transportation (a certain amount of money per visit, regardless of how many hours).

Sorry, being an obnoxious American. I meant dollars. Not sure how the sheqel or pound compares to the dollar.

Yeah I figure that a lot of people pay closer to 10dollars an hour if they have a lot of cleaning help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry