Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Shulamith in woodmere???

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:32 am
We are new to the 5T. I have a 3rd grader going into 4th. I'm curious about shulamith. I would consider my self modern orthodox. I wear skirts and occasionally pants mostly around the house. I don't cover my hair. However for my DD I would like a strong orthodox setting. I Iikenthe zionistic approach shulamith has. My concern is being accepted by the school and even more so the parent body. I want my child to be accepted and have friends. Any thoughts?

amother
Red

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 2:31 am
I'm a Shulamith parent.

Shulamith is a very welcoming place. There is a new parent tea at the beginning of every school year to welcome new families. You may be a little to the left of most mothers, but that doesn't mean you won't be accepted. And it certainly doesn't mean that your daughter won't be able to make friends. Kids don't care about that sort of thing as much as adults do.

That said, you might be more aligned with the parent body of HALB or HAFTR, which are both strong schools as well. You should probably check out all 3 schools before making a decision. And you certainly shouldn't decide on what school is best for your daughter based upon what you do or don't put on your head.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics