Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Tomato Dip Recipes
Previous  1  2

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 11:36 am
You really have to smell it. I sometimes make it for my parents and when they have leftovers they keep it for the next week. I once smelled it three days later and it wasn't good. I always throw it out. Even if it is not spoiled, it doesn't have the same punch the next week. I usually use the tomatoes that aren't perfectly hard anymore, so I don't feel guilty for throwing out extra.

cuteson

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 12:09 pm
I also always used to throw away the leftovers, but was told if the recipe contains vinegar it does last longer, I'd say a week +. shock

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 12:10 pm
cuteson wrote:
I also always used to throw away the leftovers, but was told if the recipe contains vinegar it does last longer, I'd say a week +. shock

probably true because vinegar is a preservative.

ihyphenated

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 1:04 pm
I would say if you have leftovers then cooking it briefly will preserve it for longer and maybe you can turn it into a tomato sauce for pasta? I think it would be so yummy on pasta....

sped

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 12:55 am
Anyone try freezing it? Unless someone had a bad experience, I think I will try to.

mbk

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 9:29 am
I actually use mine , as per a tip from a good "efficient" friend.. I toss mine into the burger mixture when I make patties or burgers, and it really tastes heavenly ...

Cupcake Queen

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:18 pm
My tomato dip is this:

2 tomatos
2-3 cloves of garlic
olive oil
salt

Blend in a food processor until it is at the desired consistancy. I have tried freezing it before and it worked fine, but it was a little bit watery. Maybe try to thicken it up some. Once I added leftover tomato dip to an Indian recipe I was making and it was perfect!

cyndigr

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:19 pm
Emee wrote:
2 tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
salt pepper oregano and olive oil.
put everything in the blender. I just made it for shabbos and it is delicious!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics