Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which stroller???? Help!!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:01 pm
I got married for the first time at 40 and just had a baby. I live in flatbush, so I both drive and walk a lot. My friends are marrying their kids off not buying strollers. I"h I will have another child. I'm completely overwhelmed when I look at the stroller reviews. But I am leaning toward the uppababy vista, but it's a lot of money and seems very heavy. People have suggested the citi mini, maclaren, mutsy, and bob.

Beyla

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:15 pm
Mazal tov!
I had the city mini and maclaren. Both are nice and comfortable for the baby but if you often use your car you will need to close the stroller easily and the city mini is easier for that.
I also prefer the push of city mini. You can push it with one hand and not the maclaren.

tee312

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 6:23 pm
If you like the uppababy vista how about the uppababy cruz? Cheaper and more compact than vista but pushes the same.

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:05 pm
mazal tov!!!!

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:08 pm
I HATE my citi mini. You can have mine. 3 babies. Its so uncomfortable. My babies hated it. The most upright position is by far upright. Its the only complaint I have on it but position is very imp to me. I used it as a travel carriage cuz its a one hand fold so I was able to compare comfortability.

cnc

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:09 pm
Mazel tov. That is so beautiful!
I had the Citi Mini double and loved it.
Pushed like a dream and was very light and compact. Folds very easily for the car too.

The UppaBaby is very heavy and bulky.

Tekky

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 3:13 am
If you'll be in and out of the car more than walking with the stroller, then the Vista is the worst possible stroller for you.
I'd suggest either the Uppababy Cruz or Bugaboo Bee - both wheel great, have a reversible seat, flat recline, small, easy fold, can hold a car seat, and have the option of a bassinet (sold separately)

Do not do the city mini

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 3:18 am
I have a citi mini GT and I love it! It's so easy to open and close one handed and it pushes beautifully. I only started using it when my baby was 6 months or so, so she wanted to sit up and look around. I don't think it would necessarily be a good option for an infant. We had a snap and go for that stage.

I would strongly suggest going to a baby store that has floor models so you can see what the strollers are like in person. Try to open and close them and see what really makes the most sense for you.

newmommy:)

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 5:12 am
I have the uppa baby vista but I live in israel and it's basically in place of my car - so I love the huge basket and that it bumps up and down stairs easy and even though it IS heavy it's great for me

but I wouldn't recommend in your position - what other posters have said about uppa baby cruz is true. It has all the advantages (but I don't think it comes with a bassinet, you would have to buy that separately if you want it, although I know ppl put newborns in the seat with a cushion around to make it snug)
the cruz is lighter, still has lots of storage under, doesnt have big huge wheels like the vista but the push is still good (and it CAN do stairs/curbs just not as well as the vista) and it's cheeper AND it comes in funner colors Smile

I just don't know how you fold it - make sure it's easy and that you can fold it with the seat still attatched because you don't want to deal with taking it on and off every time you get in and out of your car

rnnr

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 11:03 am
for budget, citi mini, but get the GT !!!! - makes a load of a difference in push, doesn't feel as cheap. totally worth it
regarding the vista, the upside to it is if you walk a lot and if you would have another kid b/c has the option to be a double (as does the citi select, but that one is like a train as a double vs the vista is more of a luxury stroller) - get the cruz if you don't care about the double so u can save money but still have great push

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 12:52 pm
rnnr wrote:
for budget, citi mini, but get the GT !!!! - makes a load of a difference in push, doesn't feel as cheap. totally worth it
regarding the vista, the upside to it is if you walk a lot and if you would have another kid b/c has the option to be a double (as does the citi select, but that one is like a train as a double vs the vista is more of a luxury stroller) - get the cruz if you don't care about the double so u can save money but still have great push

What are the differences between the GT and regu later Mini?

musicmom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:10 pm
Upababy is nice because it goes from a single to a double and you don't have to buy another stroller. There are other great doubles out there, but not that convert so easily. Good luck!

tee312

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:10 pm
cnc wrote:
What are the differences between the GT and regu later Mini?

The gt has bigger all terrain wheels the regular has smaller foam wheels there is also about an $80 price difference

mha3484

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 1:32 pm
I am enjoying the Vista very much. I do a big mix of walking and driving and the push is amazing. The basket is also HUGE. the 2015 has a much better fold and the double capability was much improved.

I bought it because I don't enjoy a side-by-side double and I wanted to buy one stroller that can last many years.

twogees

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 4:00 pm
I love my vista (got as a gift). love the huge basket, came with the bassinet, and a bunch of accessories.
I have the citi mini double for babysitting that I love also. only got the citi mini as I dont like how the vista turns into a double with the 2nd seat in the basket.

Gneshe

Post Fri, Apr 01 2016, 6:40 pm
I like keeping a cheaper lighweight stroller in the car and using a good heavy one for walking.

Culturedpearls

Post Sat, Apr 02 2016, 10:32 am
I also recommend 2 strollers . A car one & one for walking .
I got the mutsy igo for my grandson & my kids love it.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Apr 02 2016, 2:45 pm
Culturedpearls wrote:
I also recommend 2 strollers . A car one & one for walking .
I got the mutsy igo for my grandson & my kids love it.

I love my mutsy iGo too. It's like a cross between an Uppababy and a Bugaboo.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:07 am
Mazal Tov! Another great and inexpensive option is the city versa. My sister has it and it pushes amazing! I was considering it and ended up getting a more expensive one, but I think hers pushes smoother than mine.
You can get it for $210 on Albeebaby or Amazon

love2eat

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 12:57 am
Mazel Tov!!
I love my uppababy Cruz. (I bought the bassinet when my baby was an infant).

It's has a great push and fold. I do alot of walking and use my car equally ... Very easy to use and not very heavy either.

Also a big thing for me since I'm very specific in cleanliness...every part of this carriage can be zipped off and machine washed. So if ur baby makes thru or spits up.. It's a breeze to clean!!

Hope this helps
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics