Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Boys clothes for Shabbos/Yom-Tov

mamamia1

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:52 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this but figured here's best for what Im looking for.
I don't need trendy just basic nice classic Shabbos/yom tov clothes for preschool boys.
Im in an in-town ( tri state area) but really am not competing with the standards -
. I want basic Shabbos / yom tov pants that I'll match with button down shirts- or I'm open to any other ideas. Where can I get these pants or I'm open to any other ideas
TIA

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:56 pm
Shirtstop.co

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 9:58 pm
What's your price range? And do you need long or short?

Zara had both this season in some nice light colors and summery textures. Local stores have basic solid colors in the $25 range, Zara's was upper $30s so it depends what you're looking for.

mamamia1

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:02 pm
Thanks for answering.
Yes - those prices are more than I wanted to spend. I guess Im just in denial. We moved so my source of hand me downs is dry.
Thanks anyway

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:05 pm
Did you try amazon prime? How particular are you? I know some people wear nice khakis for shabbos. Would that work? Old navy has good prices and HM too. I recall crazy 8 had well-priced pinstriped pants.

Fiveboyz

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:06 pm
I went to shirt stop a few weeks ago and bought 2 Blazers for my son I told them that I would possibly be returning one or both I came back the next day and they were extremely rude. They were not too helpful when I first went in but when I returned they barely glanced at me I was the one who thanked them and said good bye.

mamamia1

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:08 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Did you try amazon prime? How particular are you? I know some people wear nice khakis for shabbos. Would that work? Old navy has good prices and HM too. I recall crazy 8 had well-priced pinstriped pants.

Thanks
Yes these are more my line. - I guess I was trying to see if there were other options for me
But I'll follow these

Oh ETA: what's the quality of crazy8?
Thanks

Last edited by mamamia1 on Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

musicmom

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:08 pm
Did you say preschool? I love the boys black pants at Children's Place because they have elastic and no buttons and look so nice, are durable, and really cheap. I believe you can also get a vest and button up shirts there, or you could get a boys suit really cheap at Costco right now.

Fiveboyz

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:09 pm
I went to a store called kiddzlers and believe it or not they let me take home 2 Blazers and only charged me for one didn't even take my info. So so sweet I returned one of the jackets the following day

mamamia1

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:20 pm
musicmom wrote:
Did you say preschool? I love the boys black pants at Children's Place because they have elastic and no buttons and look so nice, are durable, and really cheap. I believe you can also get a vest and button up shirts there, or you could get a boys suit really cheap at Costco right now.

Thanks for answering
Im looking for 4/5t
Do you mean the chino pants at TCP
Im looking online now and don't see any black ?
Or do they usually have. ? Or are you referring to other pants?
TIA

gold21

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:32 pm
Fiveboyz wrote:
I went to shirt stop a few weeks ago and bought 2 Blazers for my son I told them that I would possibly be returning one or both I came back the next day and they were extremely rude. They were not too helpful when I first went in but when I returned they barely glanced at me I was the one who thanked them and said good bye.

Stores are busy this time of year.
I have never found the sales help at Shirtstop to be rude. They are always happy to help.

As for your comments about Kidzlers... they let you take merchandise without paying for it? Thats like, really unsual, and not standard.

gold21

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:34 pm
OP, try Shirtstop or maybe try French Toast pants from Amazon.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:35 pm
mamamia1 wrote:
Thanks
Yes these are more my line. - I guess I was trying to see if there were other options for me
But I'll follow these

Oh ETA: what's the quality of crazy8?
Thanks

It's the sister company of Gymboree and Janie and Jack. I was very happy with that particular pair that I bought my boys one year. It lasted more than a season - they stained it rather than tore it.

mamamia1

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:38 pm
Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate your input!

newmother

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 10:49 pm
http://us.nextdirect.com/en/sh.....users
Nextdirect has nice pants and the prices are not bad.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 11:16 pm
Not sure how fancy you are looking for...
http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....t.jsp

or these pants:
http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....y.jsp

with shirt untucked:
http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....t.jsp

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 2:57 am
http://www.hm.com/us/product/1.....608-Q

http://www.hm.com/us/products/.....hirts

mamamia1

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 7:54 am
Thanks so much.
You've given me resources for now and future.
I really liked them all and just chose the longer pants for now - pesach doesn't seem so far and shorts are gonna have to wait here. ( snowing right now!!!)
Next pants were out of my sizes but I found others at crazy 8
Thank you all

Charnie

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 10:12 pm
I'm also a grandmother, looking for Shabbos clothes that won't break the bank for my grandson in Israel (we're going in a month and will bring things with us). He's 5 1/2, his mom says he wears a 5, so I'd buy 5's and/or 6's.

When my own son was young, I bought a lot of stuff at Burlington and Cookies. Are those still good resources for appropriate Shabbos clothing? They live in a Chareidi area, so I really want to be careful.

Always had fun trying to explain to my son that "no, we're not buying the strange colored suit" at Burlington.

gande

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 12:59 am
Hi, you posted on an old thread. There are newer ones on this topic that might help you.

Zara, Gap and H&M are great stores that have nice stuff for decent prices. Also, you can go to the Jewish stores and get things on sale now after the season.

You might be able to find basic pants, shirts, and sweaters in Cookies especially if the fashion standards of the community is not high.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains