Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS Aleph Schools
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:06 pm
"AY is DL. They try to be a bit more "frum," but there is nothing charedi about them. They are a Mamlachti-Dati religious public school, but they also have a parent organization, which tries to ensure a slightly more "torani" curriculum than is required by the State."

That is not correct, Teal Amother. AY is Chardal. I like to describe it as "frum but they believe in the State of Israel"

(mother to dd in AY Banot and one in the Ulpanat AY and new olah. Satisfied with our choice of AY. Other choice would have been Magen Avot. After interviewing at AY, we didn't see a need to look further)

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:

That is not correct, Teal Amother. AY is Chardal. I like to describe it as "frum but they believe in the State of Israel"

I stand by my definition. Moriah is chardal. AY is Dati-Torani. Or Dati chazak, maybe.

Not saying anything bad about AY, just that chardal is not accurate. I have no problem with Dati Torani.

(Mother of one in AY yeshiva, one in AY ulpana, and one in AY boys yesodi. And *not* an olah chadasha.)

WastingTime

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:14 pm
The original Rappaport/ AY in Jlm was "chardal" style. The one in RBS currently is a regular mamad torani school, as mentioned. I know MANY women who send there and don't cover their lower legs by the way.
Toras Moshe- the families I know that send their for the most part dress charedi. Darchei Noam on the other hand, I think is more of a mix. I know yrs ago there was an uproar because they said the bar mitzvah boys should wear hat and jacket eventhough most of their father's didn't

It's hard to find the perfect school, doesn't exist!
I have heard amazing things about Bnos Malka.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:19 pm
Why the obsession with covering lower legs? Halacha is you have to cover knees. Beyond that is minhag.

"Perfect school" is going to differ depending on each family and their definition of perfect.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 8:49 am
WastingTime wrote:
I know yrs ago there was an uproar because they said the bar mitzvah boys should wear hat and jacket eventhough most of their father's didn't

and some of the rebbeim too :-)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions