Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Let's talk לשון הרע

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 4:49 pm
the thought was on my mind not too long ago and a thread today reminded me of this query

is it okay to talk about someone without ever saying their name ... does this constitute the sin of talking לשון הרע when it is obvious whom their intent is targeting

water_bear88

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 4:53 pm
If it's obvious who it is, it's Lashon Hara assuming it would be L"H if you had said their name. (I.e. excluding permitted l'toelet cases, where you'd be able to say the name anyways)

pause

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 5:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
the thought was on my mind not too long ago and a thread today reminded me of this query

is it okay to talk about someone without ever saying their name ... does this constitute the sin of talking לשון הרע when it is obvious whom their intent is targeting

If it is obvious, it is assur even without a name.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Apr 04 2016, 7:23 pm
Not only if it;s obvious, but if there is any chance in the world that the listener may ever figure out who it is, then it Assur.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions