Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Far Rockaway 5 Towns area
Previous  1  2

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 7:13 pm
OP, if you want to contact someone in the Hewlett community, you can pm me and I can try to get their info.

Don't know about housing prices/sizes. The people who move there generally wanted to stay in far Rockaway, but could not afford a house.

In terms of Siach, I don't think that the parent body is actually chasidish (either Shor yoshuv alum or just likes the smaller school atmosphere or lower tuition). I would describe them as mainstream litvish. There are likely darchei families there as well.

twogees

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 7:26 pm
op-if you want to look at bayswater, pm me and I can see if my parents can host you for shabbos.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 1:57 pm
OP here again (a few weeks later). Thanks everyone for your replies. Can someone please give me the streets of the general frum area of Inwood, Bayswater and the Yeshivish Hewlett section so I can see what the houses and general area look like. If anyone has any insight on the Nassau vs NYC, the benefits or drawbacks etc. My husband would be working in Far Rockaway so we would have to pay NYC tax regardless of where we live. What does babysitting/playgroup cost in the area? I am currently paying $6 an hr for a drop off babysitter and $540 a month for 9-4 legal playgroup for my three yr old. Are prices more, less or around the same there?

twogees

Post Tue, Apr 05 2016, 2:43 pm
http://mapq.st/1RWF8Ek

if you look at this map the jewish area is dickens st down to norton dr and mott to healy tho there are jewish families who live on further blocks. I am not sure about inwood or hewlett.

PM me if you want to cheack out bayswater for a shabbos
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating