Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I really need help (weaning/sleep training 18 mo)

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 9:56 pm
I am at my wits ends and really don't know what to do. This is my 4th child - I never had these issues with my first three kids....

He is 18 months old, never took a pacifier or a bottle really, extremely attached to me (even though he goes to daycare and does great there, doesn't cry when I drop him off etc), still obsessed with nursing. I got him a sippy cup and offer to him often but he wants to nurse. Bedtime is a nightmare - I have to nurse him, then put him in his crib and have to rock him or pat his back until he falls asleep. He wakes up at night sometimes every couple of hours, he hasn't slept through the night since he was born (yes, I feed him good dinner and make sure he eats a snack close to bedtime). I cant leave him with anyone at night because he just screams for me - for hours .

I don't have time/koach for my older kids, or for myself and dh. I just found out I am pregnant (was not expecting that....)and I really need to train him before the next kid is born or we will both go mad.

Help me and my baby please! I know crying it out is probably something many will suggest, but I need to wean him first and offer him another way to soothe himself....and he is very stubborn and could scream for hours. I don't know if I can handle that....

Any and all suggestions are welcome.....!!

(Anonymous because of very early pregnancy)

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:51 am
no suggestions at all? I am really desperate... Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics