Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Education magazine/newspaper jobs?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 3:30 pm
I have 2 master's degrees and over 10 years working with ages birth-21 in various forms of special education. I have good research skills and would like to so some writing for a little extra money. I don't want to "Blog" because I need to be fed ideas. If someone gives me a topic and a deadline. I can research and write on it. Does anyone have any ideas?

moramom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 5:18 pm
I am also interested in writing as a side job,I dont have a degree but taught preschool for 10 years

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 5:46 pm
Jobs in journalism are notoriously difficult to get these days even for those w a masters degree in journalism. Part of the job is also pitching stories and coming up with ideas for new articles. Stories are not only assigned. I'm sorry I don't mean to discourage you but that is reality.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 7:51 pm
Don't be so pessimistic. There doesn't have to be a lot of demand in order for a person to get a job. You just need to make sure to be the best person for the jobs that are available. Sometimes you can even create a job for yourself by pitching yourself strongly enough to a publication that doesn't have what you offer.

You do need to work on coming up with ideas on your own, though. While assignments do happen, ideas are what makes a writer a valuable team player. And in any case, you'll have to come up with something on your own to use as a sample when you try to sell yourself. So get started on that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics