Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
OMG... My 10 month old lost a tooth... I can't calm down!
Previous  1  2

bella

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 8:24 am
Quote:
I thought teeth can be easily replanted if they came out whole? Am I wrong?

This is only true in most cases for permanent teeth. It's actually recommended that if a permanent tooth comes out you should re-place it in the gum and get medical care ASAP. Alternatively, as MB said, you should place it in milk.

Deciduous teeth can actually damage the buds for the permanent teeth if it's re-placed.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 9:17 am
Mama Bear wrote:
My baby was stuck behind a door and crying, and as I pushed the door in, I hit his mouth, and knocked his bottom tooth out! He was bleeding for a while, it stopped, but I'll feel guilty for the next 7 yrs until his permanent tooth comes in! THat gaping hole in his smile will just haunt me for years. I'm just so, so upset at myself!!! How will he chew now? He eats everything! I guess he wont be able to bite me while nursing so hard anymore... I just cant live with the guilt!!!!
Wow Mama Bear. Hatzlacha at the dentist today!

ss321

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 3:50 pm
mama bear, what happened by the dentist? my baby bit my finger this morning and I thought of u Smile
I hope all is ok Smile

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 5:22 pm
Dr Jonathan Waltner told me that the hole is healing nicely, the gum will probably grow back together, and other teeth will compensate for it soon. he never puts baby teeth back in. Indeed, I already feel a strong bump on the gum right next to this tooth (which is probably why he's biting me so much lately). He urged me not to take it so to heart, and I'm going to take his advice. It';ll probably take another year or so til all his teeth are in, and by then the gap wont be so noticeable because those teeth will probably have moved over slightly. I worry about his permanent tooth having room to poke through if his other teeth will move over, but I guess we'll worry about that when he's seven.

Oh - and to add insult to injury - when I bathed him today I noticed a large clump of hair missing on top of his head. Shimie gave him a haircut last night. So now we have a bald, toothless old man napping in his crib. oyshes kadoyshes! time to put a red string around his wrist lol!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 5:47 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Dr Jonathan Waltner told me that the hole is healing nicely, the gum will probably grow back together, and other teeth will compensate for it soon. he never puts baby teeth back in. Indeed, I already feel a strong bump on the gum right next to this tooth (which is probably why he's biting me so much lately). He urged me not to take it so to heart, and I'm going to take his advice. It';ll probably take another year or so til all his teeth are in, and by then the gap wont be so noticeable because those teeth will probably have moved over slightly. I worry about his permanent tooth having room to poke through if his other teeth will move over, but I guess we'll worry about that when he's seven.

Oh - and to add insult to injury - when I bathed him today I noticed a large clump of hair missing on top of his head. Shimie gave him a haircut last night. So now we have a bald, toothless old man napping in his crib. oyshes kadoyshes! time to put a red string around his wrist lol!

Not a red string. A bendele from Kever Rochel. You don't need to protect him from ayin horah, you need to protect him from accidents !

GAMZu

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 6:31 pm
Oy, I'm so sorry! That's an awful feeling for you. Sad
To add to the comforting words everyone else said, remember that it was meant to happen, and you could not have avoided it.

Hope he feels OK!

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 30 2009, 11:44 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
So now we have a bald, toothless old man napping in his crib. oyshes kadoyshes!

lol, at least you have a good sense of humor!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 4:15 am
hope by now you've calmed down ... kids tend to bounce back sooner than the mommies ...

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 8:59 am
well it was 100% my fault - he was biting the door and I didnt wait for him to release his teeth from the door when I pushed it - but Ive gotten used to his cute oldman look... the guilt will be with me til he's seven...

greenfire

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 10:57 am
really - nothing is going to change between now & seven ... you know this was a baby tooth that would have eventually fallen out ... why torture yourself ... breath in and let go ... all is well no permanent damage ...

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 10:07 pm
Why seven? The average for starting to lose teeth is 6. And that's only average. My 4 year old already has a loose tooth, so it might not be that long!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 10:27 pm
as per my dh who is a pediatric dentist (and the best one I might add :-))
#1. this should not affect his speech or eating
#2. loosing a baby tooth this early usually delays eruption of the permanent tooth..so don't be too nervous if it takes longer coming in.
#3. generally, a front baby tooth does not need a space maintainer.
#4. Dr. Waltner is a great guy :-) ( not my dh!!!)

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 12:50 am
thanks amother!
PS, his next frontn bottom tooth - on the right - has just come in, so now he wont look so toothless. bh.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 9:49 am
GAMZu wrote:
Why seven?

she said seven so I said seven ... I suppose it's around 7 give or take a few years Wink

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 4:28 pm
greenfire wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
Why seven?

she said seven so I said seven ... I suppose it's around 7 give or take a few years Wink
Yeah, I know. I was asking Mama Bear. She only needs to feel guilty till the time the tooth would fall out and not grow in again. Wink
Okay, okay, no need to feel guilty at all. Tongue Out

sc2

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 1:47 am
MB it's now seven years later - how has the permanent tooth come in? any issue or did it come in ok?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics