Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tell me about long beach, ny

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 8:01 pm
How many frum families live there? Do most ppl send kids to darchai/tag or to MO schools? I know its a wealthier crowd. Is it a very competitive place or not especially? What would a two bedroom apartment cost to rent and what do the houses start at to buy? How far is the drive to brooklyn and how far is the drive to darchai? TIA

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 8:14 pm
Just curious why you would want to live there as opposed to far rockaway which is only a few minutes away? I think that LB has modern families and some more yeshivish since there is a right winged yeshiva there too. Not a large community but it is a community. I don' live there but I used to be friends with some people who did.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 9:26 pm
The crowd is a mix. About 15 minutes to Far Rockaway, 45 to Brooklyn. People send to schools and shop in the 5 towns area.

It has a lovely, non New York feel. There are families at all income levels. Very accepting of all newcomers. It is worlds away from the five towns.

I am not in the real estate market so I don't know what things cost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating