Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Blonde Synthetic Wig

spoons

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:11 pm
I want to try a synthetic wig bit the blondes tend to have a sheen that is not natural looking.
Anyone have recommendations- specifically for blonde?
TIA

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 3:16 pm
I have a gorgeous Jon Renau, Kirsten, that people mistake for real. I also have a tye dye Milkyway, gorgeous.
I bought simpler kanekalons synthetics, you have to be sure there is no greenish or ashy sheen.

spoons

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:42 pm
Thanks
I'll check them out
I also see that the shorter ones look more natural- and probably last longer
Is that the case with yours?

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:56 pm
Anyone knows of synthetic wigs ready-made with darker roots that many sheitelmachers are doing these days on human sheitels? Human wigs can be dyed and darker roots added. Synthetics cant be dyed, so they have to be made just like you like to wear them.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 11:09 pm
Mevater wrote:
Anyone knows of synthetic wigs ready-made with darker roots that many sheitelmachers are doing these days on human sheitels? Human wigs can be dyed and darker roots added. Synthetics cant be dyed, so they have to be made just like you like to wear them.

Noriko

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 10:11 am
Where can you purchase these wigs? Anyone have links?

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 10:49 am
There are many websites that sell synthetic wigs. They come up when you google any of the brands mentioned above. The problem with buying a blonde wig sight unseen, is the color in the pictures isn't accurate.

I haven't yet found a store in the New York area that has a huge inventory of synthetic wigs including the many shades of blonde, to see before you buy. Its much easier to choose color with the dark wigs.

spoons

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 10:55 am
teawithlemon wrote:
Where can you purchase these wigs? Anyone have links?

I found tons of brands on wigs.com
But like poster said above- I'm nervous to do it as a blonde
You can return there but there's a restocking fee... Sad

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 11:39 am
I have one that is short (to me), under shoulders. It knots less. It's tye dye, with dark roots, the Kirsten.

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 11:46 am
Ruchel wrote:
I have one that is short (to me), under shoulders. It knots less. It's tye dye, with dark roots, the Kirsten.

http://www.wigs.com/kristen-by-jon-renau.html

Is this it? Kristen by Jon Renau? Pretty.

I wear longer and wavier, but this is a good start. Thanks.

spoons

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 11:59 am
I love that one. But it's a little short for me. The Elle by same company is bit longer.
I got angelica by noriko. Bit more than I thought I would pay for synthetic. But if it's good as the reviews say then maybe it will totally be worth it. Even if I buy a few every several mo tha still not the same as buying expensive and getting upset when It oxidizes

http://www.wigs.com/angelica-by-noriko.html

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:12 pm
spoons wrote:
I love that one. But it's a little short for me. The Elle by same company is bit longer.
I got angelica by noriko. Bit more than I thought I would pay for synthetic. But if it's good as the reviews say then maybe it will totally be worth it. Even if I buy a few every several mo tha still not the same as buying expensive and getting upset when It oxidizes

http://www.wigs.com/angelica-by-noriko.html

I really like that wig. MAybe I'll get it to, just for vacations or times when I dont wanna ruin my $2000 one.....

spoons

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:25 pm
The reviews are good
I wonder if it's even good enough for every day wear...

spoons

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 1:56 pm
Got my Angelica wig today-
The feel is great, the cut is great, right out of the box. My only concern is if it's a bit shiny. I got mochachino . It's not overly shiny so I'm wondering if I can get away with it as "clean" Wink
Overall it's great. Now I just have to decide if I am keeping it, returning, or exchanging for a slightly darker color so that the shine won't be there

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Mar 11 2016, 2:23 pm
In my experience even darker has the shine.

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 7:35 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
In my experience even darker has the shine.

I thought so too, that I can tell a synthetic wig from the shine, from across the street. But Ive heard from others of some people who have synthetic wigs that others have sworn are human. Is it possible there are different fibers?

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 8:10 pm
Mevater wrote:
I thought so too, that I can tell a synthetic wig from the shine, from across the street. But Ive heard from others of some people who have synthetic wigs that others have sworn are human. Is it possible there are different fibers?

I know people that were synthetic wigs that look human. They paid about $350 for shoulder length. Considering that I know people that pay $100 for synthetic wigs, I assumed the $350 were made of different (more expensive ) fibers.

FASMA

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:41 pm
In a lot of the reviews it says they put on dry shampoo to eliminate the shine, and the ones that said so when they posted pictures look natural.
Spoons, what did you end up doing?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 10:33 pm
In general the shine goes away after the first wash. There is also a de-shine wand that works very well.

As for blonde color, a very good one is 17101. Color code 16 is a believable blonde.

This no-shine wand works well. You just tap it on the shiny part. It has a very fine powder in it.

http://www.wilshirewigs.com/wi......html

This is a list of color codes:

https://www.bestwigoutlet.com/......html

Only use a synthetic-wig shampoo for synthetic wigs, cold water. You can adjust the fit. You can cut the bands at the back of the neck, to make them looser on you if they are tight. There are little hooks to tighten them. I always cut those right off.

This one might be interesting if you like bangs:

http://www.voguewigs.com/class......html

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 8:58 pm
Does anyone know of a synthetic wig, in a color between 16/10 and 16/14/12, subtly highlighted with darker roots, and a scalp part, or all-over skin part?

That would be my dream synthetic wig.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels