Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bath - what do you use

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 12:31 pm
Do you put something in the bath like bubbles? What do you wash your baby with?

cm

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:32 pm
I liked Baby Magic baby bath liquid. The fragrance IMO is better than Johnson's. It's been many years, so I don't know what the current products are.

Bubble bath is good for young children as a special treat, but can be irritating to delicate skin so best not to use often.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 1:43 pm
Johnsons and Johnsons head to toe wash

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 2:03 pm
Aveeno. I put in the baby bath so it bubbles up. Wet his hair put some more aveeno on a washcloth. Rub his hair and body and then rinse. He smells delicious!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 2:04 pm
Burt's bees baby wash

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 2:08 pm
I use cetaphil baby wash on my baby. It's good for dry skin.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 3:50 pm
Another vote for Johnson's head to toe wash

Adela

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:26 pm
Johnson's baby bedtime wash on a washcloth. I like it because it lathers nicely, smells great, and calms down DD.
After Bath I use Aveeno BABY soothing relief moisture cream. It helps keep her skin silky, especially her cheeks and during the winter.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 5:37 pm
Loved babyspa babywash. Supposedly all natural. Very hard to find though.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:08 pm
If you have a girl, don't put anything in the bath. It can irritate her sensitive parts.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

mille

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 6:44 pm
Well depending on how old your baby is - nothing! We don't use anything unless there's a particular stinky gross situation as per our pediatrician's recommendation (and the Mayo Clinic's Guide to Baby's First Year agrees). No need to put anything on the skin for the first 6 months, skin is too sensitive!

edit: We bathe her in warm water with a wash cloth, that part I figured was obvious.

bwaybabe85

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 7:34 pm
We put nothing in the bath itself. We wash the baby with Honest Company shampoo + body wash. It's tear free.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 8:13 pm
Arbonne baby care. Arbonne bubble bath as a treat. All natural.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 8:34 pm
Johnson's head to toe wash. DC breaks out from a lot so that's all I used. I bought aveno baby wash on recommendation from friend- will try that when this bottle is done!

No bubbles, no perfumes/dyes in the products. Just head to toe, warm water and a washcloth.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 9:47 pm
California Baby

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 10:19 pm
Castile soap

picklelover

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 11:49 pm
Shea moisture baby wash head to toe. It's natural and makes lots of bubbles as well

queenert

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 8:20 am
I actually like the Up & Up (Target) knock off of Johnson & Johnson better than J&J itself. It smells incredible.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 8:47 am
Just water. If I ever get myself together, then a baby massage with the oil my midwife gave me. I also don't bathe my babies too often. It's not good for their skin.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 11:24 am
Iymnok wrote:
Just water. If I ever get myself together, then a baby massage with the oil my midwife gave me. I also don't bathe my babies too often. It's not good for their skin.

And how often is not often? I bathe by baby beginning of week and end of week. Was wondering if thats normal.

Also, maybe this needs a separate thread?? With what do you wipe the baby's bottom when changing it's diaper? I found that wet paper towel wipes so much better than baby wipes but its a pain to make it wet every time. Baby wipes are just so much more convenient.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics