Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Scholarship for school-can they see bank balance?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 12:46 pm
When applying for tuition assistance for my child's school, they ask for our bank balance. We DO NOT plan to lie but my husband and I were wondering if they actually have a way to check what we have or we're just expected to be honest?

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 12:49 pm
I don't see how they can check.
Bank account balances are not given out without authorization.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 1:00 pm
Don't they ask for bank statements? That is how most financial verification works.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 1:33 pm
Right now they're only asking for the balance as part of a form to be filled with general information. I don't know if further along they'll ask for more detailed information as this is the first time were going through this process. That's why I was curious Very Happy

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 1:46 pm
I've found that the schools that have more scholarship money to give and fewer people needing it ask for less information. It really does depend on the school.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:05 pm
I never know what to answer to that question on the application form. Do they want our bank balance for today? but what about if the balance will be $3500 less at teh end of the month when we have paid our insurance, mortgage, tuition and credit card bills? So I typiccally just take the balance that we will have after paying that months bills and write that down...
complicated forms to fill in...

doctorima

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:32 pm
To answer your question, they can't get your balances from the bank, though they could follow up by asking for written proof, but if you're planning to tell the truth, why does it make a difference if they can verify it or not?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics