Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Allentown, pa

finprof

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:48 pm
What can you tell me about Allentown? I have a job offer in the area so we are considering moving. We are MO with young kids. The shul's website looks great and I know that there is a school but what's it really like?

shaimac1

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:34 pm
I just PMed you I am not from Allentwon, Pa but have good friends who lived there for a few years! Good luck with your search!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 12:45 pm
I met someone from there last year. She used to live in Brooklyn and loves it there. She says its nice and quiet and kid friendly.

finprof

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 1:34 pm
Anyone else? Maybe it will help if I describe our family...

We are MO. We have 2 small kids and a dog. My husband is a social worker and I am a college professor. I occasionally wear loose pants during drop off or when playing with the kids. I always cover my hair outside the home but sometimes it's just with a hat (I keep my hair short for this reason). My husband wears a tie on Shabbos but no colored shirts.

Would we fit in or would people not talk to us for these "violations?"

shaimac1

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 1:36 pm
From my limited knowledge of the area it sounds like you would fit in perfectly fine!

doctorima

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:33 pm
Considering how open and non-judgmental small OOT communities like Allenstown tend to be, I find it hard to believe that you'd have any problems there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating