Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bobbie's Place

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:08 pm
I was just talking to a coworker about the high price of childrens clothing for Yom Tov. She told me there is something called Bobbie's place located near the old Shulamit building that gives out brand new clothing for free for people that qualify. Does anyone know what I am talking about and can give me the number? Is there any chance I can still get before Pesach or did I for sure miss the cut off? TIA

doctorima

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:31 pm
Google gives the following #: (718) 677-4399 at 1401 Locust Ave. Definitely give them a call.

exhausted

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 3:33 pm
Their number is 646-568-6606. Call and follow the promts, you won't talk to a live person. The address is 1243 E. 14th St between L & M. You usually have to call weeks b4 Yom Tov to be put on the list. Then they make an appointment. You can't go without an appointment. When you go it's a madhouse. But I got clothes for 4 of my children bh. They have alot of Junee things and basic suits for boys.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:26 pm
Do you need someone to vouch for your financial status?

morah mommy

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 8:55 pm
they ask you about your family situation, how many kids etc. and then they ask for reference like a Rosh Yeshive or rabbi/rebbetzin that knows you and your dh so they can do some info on you.
Yes they have a huge zchus!! if not for them my kids would not have new clothes for yt. but you do have to usually call a few weeks in advance to register. you can try your luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries