Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Can I care for my garden myself?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 7:43 am
I just got a yard with a garden that has some bushes, trees, grass etc. There is a bit of landscaping. Can I take care of this on my own? How many hours and which equipment would I need? Is it best to just get a gardner?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:34 am
you can do anything you want ... just get a feel and see you might like the outdoor as therapy ... a lawn mower will come in handy ... you can plant flowers ...

mo5

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 9:39 am
I use a gardener who comes relatively infrequently to mow/edge, trim bushes and prune trees once a year with tools. And he gives advice. The rest I do myself, plant, weed, spray, feed etc.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 10:02 am
Depends how much time you have, and on the size of the yard.

We take care of the fruit trees and shrubs. In the past we've had someone come to mow the lawn, but DH just bought a used electric mower and new blades for it — we'll see whether he can keep it maintained. He's thinking of alternating mowing it himself with having the gardener do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics