Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is it possible to make scrambled eggs in the microwave?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 7:17 am
My oven is in the process of being kashered for Pesach. In the meantime we are trying to get some breakfasts and lunches together for the kids. Is it possible to prepare scrambled eggs in the microwave? And if so, how? TIA for any tips you can give me.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 7:18 am
paper bowl ... not too long ... won't be scrambled exactly - but will be a cooked edible egg

Faigy86

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 7:19 am
You can, but they taste a bit rubbery.

Crack an egg or two into a microwave safe bowl(I wouldn't do more than one serving at a time) and mix with salt/spices.

Microwave in 30 second intervals mixing in between for about a minute and a half or until desired done-ness.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 13 2016, 7:20 am
So easy! DD does it all the time. Whisk up the eggs, and put a little pan spray or oil in the bottom of the bowl. If you're doing dairy, add a little milk, cheese, whatever.

Nuke for a half a minute at a time, checking until you think it's done enough. It won't turn out fluffy like pan scrambled, but more solid like an omelette. If you want to do a single egg for a child, you can do them in coffee cups.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen