Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Frum Bathing Suits (double thread merged)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 3:28 pm
GR wrote:

I don't know about frum bathing suits, but I've been to the frum beach in Tel Aviv and the skimpy bathing suits I saw there nauseated me.

To be dan lechaf zechus, my Israeli cousin told me that many non-religious women come to the frum beach to work on their tans and also to avoid being harassed by male oglers.

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 3:49 pm
Interesting to note.
The ones I saw were definitely frum.

chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I say "frum" bathing suits, I and referring to a bathing suit that covers the elbows and knees, that can be used on the beach, public or private. Some women wear reuglar bathing suits in front of all women, but when one is on a public beach, in which there are men, I find it more proper to wear a modest bathing suit. I hope I cleared up the misunderstanding. 8)

bathing suits, however long the sleeves and skirts, are not too slinky to wear on a public beach and being modest?

Motek

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 4:21 pm
happyone wrote:
Motek, since when do you shower with other women?

In public pools for frum women, some frum women pull down their bathing suit for the shower (so they can wash themselves) or when getting dressed and undressed.

Men in mikvaos, public showers and at pools, undress.

So my questions are still:

Is there any halachic reason to be modest in a beis ha'merchatz which a swimming pool is? How about tznius in the shower? (with or without other people there)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 5:22 pm
Rabbi Falk says that it's okay to exercise but that you shouldn't expose more than you "have" to.

Our rov doesn't say that . . he says that if it's just women, you can wear whatever's comfortbale.

SouthernShalom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 5:28 pm
I liked the lavender cover up from AquaModesta. I don't see how it could be dangerous. I just have to convince DH to spend $56 dollars on it.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 5:29 pm
I think the point is more that a woman who wears these special suites feels more comfortable doign so, and I can udnerstand that. After being covered all the time in front of others, to all the sudden be wearing practically nothing can be embarressing.

Atali

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 7:44 pm
There is no halachic problem to wear a regular swimsuit while swimming (with only women, of course), but I personally prefer not to and wear a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt and a below the knee swimsuit cover up skirt (not the wrap around type, but a skirt made of swimsuit fabric when I go swimming (along with a swimcap). It doesn't interfere with swimming and the same way I don't walk around my house undressed for two hours, I would rather not hang around a swimming pool "undressed" for so long.

A shower or bath is different. There it is necessary to wear nothing if you want to get clean, you are by yourself, and it isfor a shorter amount of time.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 8:42 pm
If im understanding correctly, some women here are talking about buying these for swimming even only with women, while some women are talking about buying them for swimming mixed.
Am I right? personally, if im swimming with only women, I'll just wear a regular bathing suit but thats my comfort level I guess.
But these would be very nice for mixed swimming, I guess, although im sure plenty of women wouldn't swim mixed no matter what they were wearing.
When I go to a public pool I just wear a t-shirt and a skirt.

Atali

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 8:57 pm
Quote:
If im understanding correctly, some women here are talking about buying these for swimming even only with women, while some women are talking about buying them for swimming mixed.
Am I right?

right, I was only talking about going swimming with women. I would never go mixed swimming. Not only that I wouldn't even walk on a mixed beach without swimming, because I wouldn't want to see all of the half-naked men and couples kissing each other, etc.

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:51 pm
In boro park they sell "SHVIM KLEIDER". they have a round neckline, short sleeves and a skirt

Roita

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 11:24 pm
NY, do the skirts cover the knee ? lol

happy

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 1:05 am
http://www.modestclothes.com/j......html

Seraph

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 2:03 am
On the seperate beaches in israel, the sand is seperate, but once you're in the water, you're not too far from the mixed beach. I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming there without a coverup.

hadasa

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 4:54 am
Motek wrote:
happy wrote:
I saw the aqua modesta swimwear-IT"S NICE!!! You can swim in it and it is safe & comfortable and most important-TZNIUS!!!

Is there any halachic reason to be modest in a beis ha'merchatz which a swimming pool is? How about tznius in the shower?

Isn't there an Inyan in being Tzniusdik even when it's not absolutely required by Halachah?

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:08 am
oh.......
I guess im on a different level....
if it was socially acceptable in our circles to wear a bikini, I would be the first one wearing it! (obviously only in front of women)
no no no I dont wear a bikini, I would certainly get very odd looks Wink

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:17 am
gold21 wrote:
oh.......
I guess im on a different level....
if it was socially acceptable in our circles to wear a bikini, I would be the first one wearing it! (obviously only in front of women)
no no no I dont wear a bikini, I would certainly get very odd looks Wink

if your body could swing it ... why not?!?!

supermom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:29 am
Gela wrote:
I know women who wear these, don't know if it is from this site:

http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html

I've seen it wit long sleeves too, but cannot find now.

How are these tsnuis even with long sleeves when a persons feet are totally exposed?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:30 am
I bought dd a two piece and camp refused to let her wear it. maybe THEY could take her shopping for a bthing suit !!!!!

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:31 am
green knew you would say something like that! Tongue Out
youre such a "go for it" supportive person....
Tongue Out

choc moose, yeah....like a tankini type thing? I like those too.... Tongue Out
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics