Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
First bra

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 2:19 am
What is the best bra for a young girl? Something that won't show up as a bra, but help clothes look better.

Goldie613

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 2:56 am
I would suggest a sports bra type (not an actual sports bra, as they may be too confining/uncomfortable). They go on like an undershirt, but they do help with shaping. For the girl it would be like wearing a short undershirt with a bit of padding. The other advantage is that she wouldn't have to fuss with hooks or other closure types when she's first trying to get used to bras in general. There are even some styles that look like a regular undershirt, and just have a bit of shaping/padding at the top.

Depending on how developed she is, you may even be able to get away with one from the kids section of the store, which might make her feel less uncomfortable with the whole concept.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 3:10 am
I suggest you take your daughter to department store to try things on.
I don't see the need for padding. Why does a pre-teen need a padded bra??

Goldie613

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 3:39 am
DrMom wrote:
I suggest you take your daughter to department store to try things on.
I don't see the need for padding. Why does a pre-teen need a padded bra??

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I didn't mean padding to increase her size, I just meant a bit of cushioning to keep her from looking "pointy" or having the shape of her nipples show through her shirt. I don't know how old the kid in question is, so I figured the more discreet the better, just in case she was the first in her class and might get teased.

cm

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 6:49 am
Genie bras are exactly what the previous poster described, and the pads can be removed if desired. They are also very inexpensive.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 7:46 am
Op-
Thank you !

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 10:55 am
you can get sports bras unless she is well endowed - in that case a regular one is best ... take her to the store and try on variety and see what looks best with a shirt over ... then get what she feels comfortable wearing

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 17 2016, 10:58 am
Thank you. She's really just budding..so I think the sport bra type should be fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics