Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help- My boys are extremely ticklish when getting a haircut

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:23 pm
My boys are extremely ticklish when I use the haircut machine to cut their hair especially on the back of the head, It's a war every time I give them a haircut and it takes literally hours, I don't really understand why they are so ticklish, I have tried everything, putting on a video, promising them nosh everything, I bought a super expensive small quite machine, nothing helps, as soon as I touch the back of their head they start jumping out of the chair, dh has to hold them down otherwise they start running around the house, I am completly lost, I try to give them the shortest haircut possible so I don't have to go though this too often, now that yom tov is coming they badly need a haircut.
Any advice other then using scissors ?

teddyb

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 12:40 pm
www.amazon.com/Calming-Clipper.....C5I8M

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:37 pm
It looks like a good product, do you have experience using it yourself ?

teddyb

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:39 pm
Yes. It works pretty well. Takes longer then the machine but the machine took long cause I wasn't able to get much done at a time between all the breaks and squirms ds needed. I've used it for about 3 haircuts so far.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:42 pm
It sounds like you have sensory kids! Take a soft paint brush or wide makeup brush, and practice tickling the back of their necks. Make it a contest to see who can sit still the longest, and give the winner candy or a sticker. Keep doing it every day until they can last long enough for you to get a trim done.

"Let's play the tickle brush game!" Very Happy

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:45 pm
in my humble opinion and as someone who has given many a haircut ... the ones who move around the most need the least distraction

no videos, no music, etc.

just someone to hold their head - an object to stare at & a quick handed hair-cutter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children