Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
New First Wheels City Twin imported from Holland- any info?

el2cg

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 10:47 pm
someone is importing a new double carriage that looks like the bugaboo in a twin. Its available in many countries besided for the US. Does anyone out there have it? does it wheel well? what are the pros and cons?

loveit

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 10:54 pm
I don't know anything about this stroller, but I just looked it up and I really like it!!! It looks very good and I like that you can have a bassinet in one seat and a full seat on the other, very cute!

el2cg

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:07 pm
www.firstwheels.nl

I saw the carriage, it does not look as clutzy as the mountain buggy. (this is what my sister narrowed down her choice to) the carriage is only a year on the market, so the question really is, is will it last or will it start breaking down. (like the rockstar, valco...)

Blossom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 11:24 pm
I saw someone on the street with it one day. I actually like it. She had one bassinet and one regular stroller. It looked nice.

chavamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 1:06 am
I don't have the twin, but have the single First Wheels. I;ve had it for a year and it's sturdy, but I don't think quite as sturdy as a Bugaboo. It pushes really well and I love the pivoting front double wheels - makes it very easy to maneuver. My only complaint is that since you can't buy them in the US, I have a piece that is broken and have no idea how to get a replacement.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:46 am
I like that double!

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 11:21 am
I like it.... Now for twins, how do I go about that???

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 12:12 pm
Based on my research, it's heavy and expensive, but looks nice.
I guess if you're willing to look at jogging strollers which are also heavy, this is still an option, but alas, it's not for me Wink

tripletlyblessed

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 12:37 pm
I don't have any experience with that one, but I LOVE my Baby Jogger city double. We've had 2 other doubles and a triple and this one is the best of the bunch.

el2cg

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 12:50 pm
chavamom, what broke? does it wheel lightly? does in wheel over cracks easily.

the carriage is advertised in the torah times.

Younger Me

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 3:34 pm
happyone wrote:
I like it.... Now for twins, how do I go about that???

I think it comes with the seats when you buy it, and the bassinets are an option, you have to pay extra for them.
I saw it in a store, it's not too wide and fits pretty much through all kind of doors. it comes in very cute colors too. it's very easy to use (reclining the seats are easy too).
you're obviously not comparing apples with apples when it comes to the bugaboo - quality wise (bugabbo is coming out with a double soon, by the way, but I guess the price will be in par with their single...so, still expensive...). but it's a cute alternative to the bugaboo if you want to save a couple hundred dollars.

chavamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 9:52 pm
el2cg wrote:
chavamom, what broke? does it wheel lightly? does in wheel over cracks easily.

the carriage is advertised in the torah times.

Someone tried to pull off the bar on the front and bent the plastic that attaches it to the stroller.

momaleh

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:23 am
How much does this cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics