Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Having a bris by 5 weeks. Chizuk pls
1  2  Next

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 2:29 pm
My son will be having his bris next week, he will be 5 weeks, I wake up at night bathing in sweat with nightmares... Is it really so much more painful than at day 8?

Seas

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 2:39 pm
Nah it's fine. One of had his when he was almost 3 months old. His bar mitzvah was yesterday.

bnm

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 2:53 pm
someone told me her son had his bris at 18 months. They where told to keep him from walking around too much but he was running around already at the seuda.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:16 pm
No, but it does take longer to heal. Ds was 7 weeks. Ask for tips on changing the bandage. It takes a few day to a week instead of a day or two.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 4:07 pm
My DS was 9 weeks at his brit. No problems.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 5:33 pm
my sons were at 2-4 weeks. No difference that I noticed.

Ashrei

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:09 pm
1 son was at 5 weeks and 2 sons on time. No difference, no issues... But by the way... Our son whose Bris was delayed was so for serious reasons. It was a difficult time. He is a special needs child and we continue to have times of difficulty. Since his birth, I had davened almost exclusively for his refuah shleima until, a few years ago, I decided to take a break and I just asked Hashem, "wouldn't it be nice, Hashem, just for me to have a normal baby boy at this point? Please?" 9 months later, his baby brother was born.

But wait! There's more!

The new baby was born just fine B'h, and with his bris on time, B'h. Although his big brother's bris was 5 weeks late due to a medical condition, there was one very special thing in common between their situations: Their brissim were on exactly the same Hebrew date. (just 3 years apart)

Don't worry for a second. Hashem has specifically chosen the date for your baby's bris and He is very much on top of things.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:14 pm
my son was 8 weeks thinking back from my past boy seemed no difference.
my husbands friend also had a preemie and it was a few months and the wife was nervous and requested numbing cream.

Mazel tov! may everything go smoothly!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:20 pm
We say that a bris should be "be'ito u'vezmano". That doesn't mean that the bris should be on the 8th day, it means what ever time the bris is done is the right time for that child.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 9:38 pm
My baby's Bris was at 4 weeks and I remember feeling concerned if he would be in pain.He was pretty much fine. At night he seemed to be having some discomfort so we were told by the Mohel to bathe him and than carefully unwrap bandage which really made a difference .Ask your Mohel beforehans what he recommends in case of pain that will also reassure you.Some will recommend tylenol, ours didn't and BH he was fine! And the bath really helped him.
Mazel Tov! Ltorah vlchupah umaasim tovim!

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 11:14 pm
One of my kids was 4 weeks old at his Bris. I didn't see any difference between his and the others.

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 11:25 pm
Seas wrote:
Nah it's fine. One of had his when he was almost 3 months old. His bar mitzvah was yesterday.

Mazel tov!

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 11:26 pm
My son was 3 months old and did just fine bh.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 8:26 am
I have only boys, didn't make any brisim on time.
One son was 8 weeks, he was just fine. When the mohel came over that night to check him he told me that it's been a long time since a baby has smiled at him right before he did the milah.....

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 9:40 pm
I know this is an older thread, however my son is currently almost 6 weeks old and still jaundiced. I have non idea when his bris will be at this point and we r running into yom tov as well.
Did anyone use numbing cream or so anything for the pain when the bris was delayed?
Anyone have any segulas or tips to bring down jaundice?

working hard

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 10:36 pm
I was told to wash my babies neigel vasser to bring down jaundice.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:02 am
My son's bris was at 9 weeks and no problems at all.

someone

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:15 am
One of my sons had his brit at two and a half months. We were told that it might be a bit more painful for him and to give him akamoli (tylenol?) if he is in pain, but he was fine. No different than the ones who had on time.
Hope the jaundice clears up soon

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:09 am
working hard wrote:
I was told to wash my babies neigel vasser to bring down jaundice.
How does washing the baby's hands help with getting rid of jaundice?

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 6:04 am
It's a segula
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics