Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
WWYD - Huge gift from DH

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:32 pm
So today, my DH surprised me and offered me this big big gift (huge because it's a big thing and also because it was a dream gift for me to get) for our first shidduch date anniversary :p
I'm so so sooo grateful, but it totally took me by surprise because until then we've offered to each other small gifts for our "monthirdays" :p but nothing more and also most of the time it was just me offering him a little thing (like a book, a nice shirt, tickets for a show he wanted to see, stuff like that) and not necessarily reciprocate (and I didn't mind, I looove giving gifts, enough for me Smile )
So now I don't know what should I do apart thanking him and telling him how great and lovely he is? (Which I've done and not just because of the gift :p)
It's such a nice gesture and I want to give him back something but I don't want to make it look as if it's just an exchange of gifts.
Hope I'm clear! Thanks Smile

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:35 pm
(I hesitated a ton before posting this post with my name - because my question seems a bit stupid - and now I'm blushing as if I've asked a question at a conference in front of 300 people lol)

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:37 pm
Not knowing specifics, take your advice from your name

That said, what's a 'monthirday'?

Oh, and I want to be married to either one of you. Your small gifts sound like my big ones, both given and received

So what did he give you?

lucky14

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:40 pm
I'd say don't give him anything just now then. your thank you is enough wait a while and then give him something special for a diff occasion so it doesn't seem like you got him something just cuz he got you something.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:40 pm
Awww, newlyweds are so cute!

When DH gave me a big gift, I didn't feel the need to give a big one back, and he didn't want one. What I did do, every now and then, out of the blue, is say "Have I told you lately how much I love *gift*?" and give him a big kiss. Totally random and unexpectedly. I'd do it every month or so, just so he'd know that I'm continuing to enjoy it, and how happy it makes me. That, for his love language, was the best present I could give back.

Men need to know that they are appreciated, and that they have the power to make their women happy. Express your happiness, and not just once. That helps keep his love battery charged!

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 3:42 pm
get him a really nice hagaddah with meforshim he'll appreciate ...

and totally far vus nisht ~ enjoy

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 7:19 pm
it sounds like he's reciprocating all your gifts in a big way. I don't think you need to get him something in return, but since you like to give, I agree with greenfire's suggestion. I buy my dh a new haggada every year, it's fun to build a collection. you'll all enjoy it for years.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 7:21 pm
I have super helpful thoughtful advice.

But my lips are sealed till you say what this present was!!!

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 7:50 pm
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
So today, my DH surprised me and offered me this big big gift (huge because it's a big thing and also because it was a dream gift for me to get) for our first shidduch date anniversary :p
I'm so so sooo grateful, but it totally took me by surprise because until then we've offered to each other small gifts for our "monthirdays" :p but nothing more and also most of the time it was just me offering him a little thing (like a book, a nice shirt, tickets for a show he wanted to see, stuff like that) and not necessarily reciprocate (and I didn't mind, I looove giving gifts, enough for me Smile )
So now I don't know what should I do apart thanking him and telling him how great and lovely he is? (Which I've done and not just because of the gift :p)
It's such a nice gesture and I want to give him back something but I don't want to make it look as if it's just an exchange of gifts.
Hope I'm clear! Thanks Smile

What's a monthirday and why haven't I been getting presents for this? Smile

observer

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 7:52 pm
If he sees how happy you are and how much you appreciate his gift, that is probably the best gift for him!

observer

Post Mon, Apr 18 2016, 7:53 pm
Also, you say he offered you a gift. Did he just offer it or actually give it?

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 4:31 am
You ladies are so cute, thanks for your answers!
A monthirday is a month-birthday, come on how don't you know that?! Rolling Laughter
The hagadda is a good idea, it's a nice gift but won't look just like an exchange gift!
So the gift is...... Party a macbook!! Hooray the laptop of my dream and I wouldn't have dreamed of buying it now because I still worked with my old laptop which was still good although a bit oldish and heavy
(Where is the nearest Apple Addicts Anonymous group therapy Mr. Green )
Groovy1224 now you owe me your advice :p
Observer what do you mean by just offering?

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 4:33 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Men need to know that they are appreciated, and that they have the power to make their women happy. Express your happiness, and not just once. That helps keep his love battery charged!

Love it thanks!

observer

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 9:55 am
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
You ladies are so cute, thanks for your answers!
A monthirday is a month-birthday, come on how don't you know that?! Rolling Laughter
The hagadda is a good idea, it's a nice gift but won't look just like an exchange gift!
So the gift is...... Party a macbook!! Hooray the laptop of my dream and I wouldn't have dreamed of buying it now because I still worked with my old laptop which was still good although a bit oldish and heavy
(Where is the nearest Apple Addicts Anonymous group therapy Mr. Green )
Groovy1224 now you owe me your advice :p
Observer what do you mean by just offering?

You wrote that he offered you a gift. In English, to offer means to ask if you want it or not.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 12:11 pm
Aah thanks for the explanation! English is not my mother-tongue!
So he gave me the gift Smile

glamourmom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 12:15 pm
a month anniversary is called a mensiversary. not that it matters here but I couldn't help but post.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 12:32 pm
& here I thought it was a custom made sheitel ...

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:23 pm
greenfire wrote:
& here I thought it was a custom made sheitel ...

Maybe for next mensiversary! Very Happy

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 1:32 pm
My DH has done things like that ...I NEVER was able to reciprocate and I dont think he needs me to. Just show appreciation by expressing how much you love what he got you and how much it means to you. When I dont use the gifts my DH gives me, he starts questioning...I'm the one that gives "little" things, and my DH always outdoes me in the gift department, I just make sure to let him know how thankful I am.
Enjoy your macbook!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics