Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Spy Museum

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 4:04 pm
Anyone go to spy museum in Washington Dc? Did you do Operation spy or spy in the city? Which one was better?

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 4:13 pm
What size group and what ages are the people involved? The Operation spy has a certain number of people it needs to run-so unless you have a pretty big group you will also be trying to solve the puzzle with strangers. You do not have the luxury to go at your own pace.
It is meant for older kids. It is also more popular and needs to be booked in advance.

The operation in the city where you walk around DC can be catered more to children of various ages. You can take more time to let little ones help crack the codes. We did this on a gorgeous day, if it was raining this would not be fun. This tour does not sell out like the first one, so there is more flexibility in booking. With operation spy you have to be there at your reserved time.
Call and speak to the people. I found them very helpful.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 6:19 pm
When we went several years ago there was only one choice. I don't remember what it was called, but from BetsyTacy's description, it sounds like it was the Spy in the City. We had a lot of fun doing it and would recommend it (assuming good weather, and kids of the appropriate ages).

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 8:06 pm
So most of our group is the age that can do the indoor spy version. We are a group of about 10. Just wondering if the indoor one is even exciting.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 8:35 pm
The indoor one can be described as more exciting-except you can lose. In the outdoor one you only compete against those in your own group-each 2 or 3 people share an ipad decoder. In the indoor one if your group doesn't solve the puzzle, it doesn't "win".

benny

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:00 am
What age is the spy museum for? Is it boring for kids aged 10-15?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:50 am
benny wrote:
What age is the spy museum for? Is it boring for kids aged 10-15?

On the spy museum website it says ages 7+
I personally think 10+
I highly recommend the spy museum, though it is costly, it is worth it to spend the money on children/teens who will enjoy it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:53 am
I was there a few years ago and agree with the 10+ age rec. It's an excellent museum.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
So most of our group is the age that can do the indoor spy version. We are a group of about 10. Just wondering if the indoor one is even exciting.

We went a few years back and my parents took the little kids around the city which they did not enjoy due to heat and lots of walking. Us older kids did the indoor one and though it was with random people and we got s low score at the end we had a blast.

The museum itself is very cool.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics