Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Glatt Mart delivers to Orlando for $5 per box

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 6:12 pm
Glatt Mart delivers to Orlando for Pesach only for $5 per box. 718-338-4040

I do not work for Glatt Mart and I am not related to anyone who works for Glatt Mart either.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 9:23 pm
Glatt Mart messed up and sent meats to Orlando in non refrigerated trucks Sad

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 9:51 pm
Is that what happened?
According to YWN , one of the refrigerated trucks broke down.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 10:02 pm
Can you post the link?

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 10:41 pm
It's on Instagram along with a video of the truck being unloaded with boxes thrown all over the place and people trying to retrieve their stuff.

Btw, this likely has nothing to do with the store. Usually these places hire an independent trucking company who take full responsibility for the delivery once it leaves the store and the trucking company is supposed to have its own insurance.

But the price at $5 a box seemed too good to be true. I know other stores were charging $35 a box.

I wonder what all these people are going to do now..

gp2.0

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 10:45 pm
Next time they should arrange for a Miami supermarket to deliver their stuff...

joy613

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 12:40 am
According to what I heard, The fridge truck did break down on the way, but it's supposedly getting there just a bit delayed- Friday morning.
It's true though that they sent some ppls meats/chickens in the non fridge truck. Got totally ruined.
Hope everything works out for all those there.

$5 was if it's a box of their groceries. Any other box was 15.

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 12:44 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
According to what I heard, The fridge truck did break down on the way, but it's supposedly getting there just a bit delayed- Friday morning.
It's true though that they sent some ppls meats/chickens in the non fridge truck. Got totally ruined.
Hope everything works out for all those there.

$5 was if it's a box of their groceries. Any other box was 15.

What was in other boxes if not groceries? (Do you mean like meat etc...)

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 1:11 am
They only charged $5 a box because you bought the items that you shipped up in their store so they made money on the sale. Other places were charging $15 a box but you can ship up stuff from anywhere you didn't have to buy it by them.

People don't realize how cheap shipping is because if they did they wouldn't go through stores theybwould just ship themselves. It cost stores less than $5 a box so they still made money on the box plus that you shopped by them.

joy613

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 1:34 am
cnc wrote:
What was in other boxes if not groceries? (Do you mean like meat etc...)
anything you want to send down. Could be food you bought somewhere else, homecooked foods that's frozen, home baked goods, pots...
I think You could do this only if you first spent a minimum in their store.

joy613

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 1:36 am
amother wrote:
They only charged $5 a box because you bought the items that you shipped up in their store so they made money on the sale. Other places were charging $15 a box but you can ship up stuff from anywhere you didn't have to buy it by them.

People don't realize how cheap shipping is because if they did they wouldn't go through stores theybwould just ship themselves. It cost stores less than $5 a box so they still made money on the box plus that you shopped by them.

It's not being shipped. Its being driven.
If you have someone driving down to Orlando , you didn't need to do this. But most ppl didn't drive I assume.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 2:08 am
amother wrote:
They only charged $5 a box because you bought the items that you shipped up in their store so they made money on the sale. Other places were charging $15 a box but you can ship up stuff from anywhere you didn't have to buy it by MO them.

When I send a large soft envelope of clothes back to H&M returns department via UPS (no shopping center middleman) it costs me between $7.50 - $15 for that light package. So I'm not sure where you're getting your shipping prices from.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 2:34 am
I shipped down 80 boxes to Orlando from New York so I know what I am talking about.

It cost 175 to 225 to ship down 40 boxes. Thing is you have to have a loading dock for truck to pick up boxes from so you can only do it if you have a warehouse or work in one.

When I say shipped I mean putting your palettes on a tractor trailer and they drive it down for you. It's still called being shipped. When you ship via ups many times its driven and not flown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics