Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cheapest way to ship from US to UK?

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 7:02 pm
I ordered shoes from a UK website and paid $15 to ship it here. Turns out I made an error in ordering and want to send it back. UPS and USPS and fedex shipping calculators all say the lowest rate is around $80!!!! I was so surprised because it only cost $15 to get it here! I'm not in any hurry, I don't care if it goes by boat or whatever, but all the options seem to be priority/express/whatever. Is there any way to get it back for about the same $15 or am I just stuck with the shoes I don't need? (Does anyone want really comfortable sneakers in size 7?)

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 4:17 am
bump

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 9:31 am
If you don't have a plan with shipping companies they charge you a lot. Many companies send you a return label and you pay them $15. Call company and see if they can ship it back for you and they deduct of your bill that's really only way it will be cheaper or see if you have any friends who ship a lot who wouldn't mind making a label for you.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Apr 22 2016, 10:11 am
It goes by weight.
Go to a post office rather than doing it online because they can give you the cheapest rate but will probably cost around $40 minimum depending on size and weight.
It is pretty expensive to ship here. Not as cheap as shipping from there to here. I have done it several times and all the stores charge way less coming here than going back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics