Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can a 4 month old get nightmares?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 8:46 am
My baby woke up screaming hysterically at 2am last night.
He didn't want to nurse. And I couldn't get him to calm down for 20 minutes. Eventually when he stopped screaming he was whimpering like he was either scared or in pain. I tried touching his ears to see if he would cry to see if he had an ear infection and during the first 20 minutes he was just crying no natter what. But when he finally calmed down a bit he didn't seem to react to touching his ears. He doesn't look sick. Could it have been a nightmare?
Or Is this what colic is?

itsme123

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 8:48 am
Maybe pinworms??

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 9:36 am
Sounds like teething

observer

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 9:39 am
Could be any number of things, a gas bubble, teething, could be night terrors, but so many other possibilities. Oh, sometimes we wish babies could tell us what's going on with them, right?

sara40

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 11:50 am
Much too young. Probably teething

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 12:47 pm
Although my first reaction was "no way, any crying at this age is due to physical discomfort," I stopped myself because in reality, there is very little we can know about babies that cannot talk. I googled it and came up with this http://www.ahaparenting.com/as.....reams There is such a thing of having to process traumatic birth [or anything else]. who knows?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 1:44 pm
funnyface wrote:
Although my first reaction was "no way, any crying at this age is due to physical discomfort," I stopped myself because in reality, there is very little we can know about babies that cannot talk. I googled it and came up with this http://www.ahaparenting.com/as.....eams. There is such a thing of having to process traumatic birth [or anything else]. who knows?
thank you. This was very helpful.
I think it was night terrors because he wouldn't wake up. My other child had night terrors too but I don't remember it starting this young.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
thank you. This was very helpful.
I think it was night terrors because he wouldn't wake up. My other child had night terrors too but I don't remember it starting this young.

My now 4 year old used to have night terrors, starting at a VERY young age. When I read your post, that was my first thought. Especially when you added that he wouldn't wake up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics