Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Box of lady fingers

lucky14

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 8:37 am
I have a box of lady fingers- any ideas of a recipe I can make to use them up? (preferably not a vanilla crumb cake),Would be best if it's something chocolate. Thanks if anyone can think of something!

BeHappy!

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 9:42 am
Tiramisu

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 10:03 am
dip edges in melted chocolate chips ... then sandwich them with raspberry and/or apricot preserves

lucky14

Post Thu, Apr 28 2016, 5:53 pm
thanks for the ideas! I stuck with the second due to the fact I had all the ingredients already Smile But the first would have been good too.

penguin

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 10:15 pm
I need something fairly simple and I don't want to use whipped topping.

Can I just do a layer of cookies & a layer of (pareve) chocolate pudding? Or would you suggest two layers? I'm not having a lot of people for Shabbos so I don't want to make it too huge.

(I guess I would shpritz a little whipped topping around the top to decorate. I could I do s/t with marshmallow fluff? I know it's not exactly healthy but actually they do make a version with rice syrup...)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 10:43 pm
2 or 3 years ago there was a delicous rum ball recipe in family first with base ing. being lady fingers. we dont use most of these ing. on pesach and being that we had so many extra fingers we made after pesach and was big hit!

penguin

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 11:03 pm
My friend makes a Matza Torte which I tried one year after Pesach.

You take a box of square machine matzos. You dip each one in wine. Then you shmear a chocolate & margarine mixture & keep adding layers. I guess you stop when it's enough to fill the box. You put into a plastic bag & back into matza box & refrigerate.

As my husband said, that was some expensive torte, because even machine matzos (if Pesachdik) cost a fortune.

So I'm saving my leftover matza for Pesach Sheini. But the ladyfingers must go!

penguin

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 1:41 pm
I'm still hoping for some ideas for my ladyfingers, ladies.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 1:56 pm
I use a box of crushed lady fingers toasted lightly with butter as a crust for cheesecake.

r1

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:26 am
2GN wrote:
2 or 3 years ago there was a delicous rum ball recipe in family first with base ing. being lady fingers. we dont use most of these ing. on pesach and being that we had so many extra fingers we made after pesach and was big hit!

Searching for such a recipe! Do u still have it please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics