Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How much weight did you gain or lose this pesach?

happyone

Post Sat, Apr 30 2016, 10:22 pm
?

I happened ti have lost two lbs as I don't like matza and tend to eat less than all year round being hungry most of the week. I don't tolerate the holiday heavy meals very well. However everyone around me is complaining about gaining 5+ lbs.

Raisin

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 3:49 am
I'm up almost 2 pounds since my last weigh in, BUT I usually weigh myself on fridays. I always weigh a bit more after shabbos. I'm optimistic I can lose 2 pounds by friday.

I didn't watch what I ate at all, but ate only whole wheat matza and we don't buy ready made foods, so no chocolate or bought cakes cookies. I made cookies and cakes and homemade sorbet but they were not that great. (I don't buy chocolate or cocoa either, so all the cakes were made of nuts, potato starch etc.)

My aim was to maintain my weight, so I am happy.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 4:03 am
I lost 10 pounds that I really needed to lose. I only ate the bare minimum of matzah over Pesach, and we had no dairy except for a bit in the morning coffee. No processed foods and no cakes, just fruit salad. I didn't over do it on potatoes, and mainly had quinoia salads.

My tummy is very happy with me, I hardly had any IBS flares at all! Very Happy

I hope this will help break my carb and sugar habit, and I can sustain a version of this throughout the year. I know it's better for me (but why are they so darn tasty?)

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:07 am
Scale shows the same, but I probably gained about two and it just didn't show up yet. I am hoping to lose the this week.

lili

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:30 am
I'm not stepping on the scale! I'm in the beginning of the forth month of pregnancy and I popped from one day to the next over Jom Tov. Not sure if it's the pregnancy or food but I figured I didn't eat more than everyone else and no one looks so fat 😉

potatoes

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:54 am
I lost
The menu did NOT work for my pregnant body :/
Felt so week and sick from lack of adequate foodm
Bh for pizza and cereal last night and today!

gold21

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 8:39 am
Whatever I gained, it was too much
And whatever I lost, it was too little
Lol

N'sMom

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 9:38 am
I maintained exactly! To the ounce! I am stunned. We don't do huge yom tov meals, but even a moderate yom tov meal means an appetizer or soup, main course and a dessert of some kind (we had a lot of fresh fruit) and at least a kazayis of matzah, plus I try to make the chol hamoed meals a little extra special too. I was expecting to gain at least a few lbs so am pretty happy with this. Tonight we have the traditional pizza that our forefathers ate on the day after pesach....then tomorrow it's back to real discipline.

leopardspots

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 10:13 am
Gained 7lbs
Not. Happy. !!
Back to healthy eating for me!

losingweight

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 10:17 am
Not even getting on to the scale. I weighed in on erev pesach. Gonna check again in two weeks. I don't feel like I gained too much anyway.

Nechamie

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 10:25 am
I gained 2 pounds. I lived on chocolate and coffee. Totally worth it. Diet starts tomorrow.

WastingTime

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 10:56 am
Gained under a lb.
Which is good that its minimal because I have abt 15 lbs to lose already!

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 11:22 am
I gained about 2-3 lb. Sad diet starts TODAY

jerusalem90

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 12:09 pm
Gained weight. I blame all the cheeses!

imasoftov

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 9:58 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Scale shows the same, but I probably gained about two and it just didn't show up yet. I am hoping to lose the this week.

What does it mean for there to be a weight gain that hasn't shown up yet? It seems to me that if the scale shows the same, one's weight hasn't changed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics