Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Jackson nj

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 3:03 pm
We are looking to move to Jackson. Can anyone tell me what type of people are moving to the areas of Pitney, danniele, Stacy, Mellissa lee and other streets in that area. Are people there yeshivish, chasidish , more modern? We are in our 40s. Are people much younger moving to that area? Also anyone know anything about shuls in the area? Also do kids in Lakewood schools get bussing from Jackson?
I would appreciate any replies because we are really thinking seriously of these areas.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 6:32 pm
we recently moved to Jackson, but honestly I dont have a clue to which part you are considering. where I am is a mix. I havent seen Chasidim. we are mid 40's in our area & yes we are the oldest. there are minyanim around. speak to people in the area you are considering to get that info.
we are in the middle of busing issues -not simple. we got approved but to the closest stop that exists already. so far Lakewood BOE not budging on trying to have the stop closer.
-please check with people in the area you are considering how the busing has worked out (which we neglected to do before we moved....)
it's a lovely area & it keeps growing!! Hatzlocha.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 6:46 pm
babyblue, I'm also buying in Jackson iyh.
Which area are you in?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 7:06 pm
off white road, which is off cross street

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:15 pm
I'm now looking more to the north, somewhat to the south of west county line.

They probably gave you a stop by new central/westgate?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:52 pm
Melissa lee is younger, but the next block over, Westlake is probably closer to your age, larger families. Busing is definitely an issue, so be prepared to drive kids to school or carpool if possible.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:54 pm
Also keep in mind Jackson is huge, so when you ask what type, it really depends on the block (if there even is a type!)

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 12:55 am
Thanks for all the replies it is really helpful. We are actually looking at a street right near Westlake so it's good to know that there will be people there closer to our age. Anyone know anything about minyanim in that area?
Thanks

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 12:59 am
Then maybe we will be neighbors!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating