Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Just got a new set of Cuisinart pots...how to care for them?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 9:21 am
I just got a new set of Cuisinart pots. I want to keep them shiny and new looking forever. Any tips you can give me? The instructions say to wash before first use which I will do after toiveling them. It also says not to use steel wool or any abrasives when I wash them. Anything else I should know. TIA!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:21 pm
B U M P
I would like to use these pots in the morning to start preparing for Shabbat. Any advice you can give me tonight would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Tzutzie

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:38 pm
Hi. I have cuisinart pots.

First congrats on your new set! Use it in good health!

My pots aren't so shiny anymore (6+ years) but here are some tips.

If you burn food and it's stuck to the bottom, don't use steel wool. (Don't ever use steel wool) either soak or boil it up with some water and soap / salt and try to clean like that.

Use a wooden spoon for mixing this way it won't scratch the pot.

If you want to Avoid water stains (depending on the tap water in your area. I have hard water. What a pain) towel dry right after washing.

If you absolutely need to use a steel wool (oil stains from frying) use this plastic thingys that are similar to steel wool. Much better than actual steelwool.

I really like "scour off" from shaklee for oil spots. It's a paste and can be used with a simple dish rag. Works magic and doesn't take off the shine.

When cooking if you want to cook on high heat, start out with a lower flame and once the food is heated turn it up. Shooting up to high right away gives the stern inside the pots a rainbow look where it throws all colors (if you want to avoid it)

Btw, it cooks really well. It's the cheaper line of Le Creuset. Good stuff.

It's late here. This is all I can think of now.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:38 am
Thank you, Tzutzie for lots of good info which will help me a lot.
The only reason I chose this set over others was for the fact that it looked so shiny.
Now I see all those warnings about low flame and pots burning, so I am concerned.
If you think of anything else you forgot to mention, it's not too late...I'm here waiting for more ideas and suggestions. It says in the instruction guide something about buying
a "flame tamer" at the hardware store. Do you use these to prevent stove flames from becoming too large?
I was looking for a new shiny set of pots, but with all the warnings I've heard, I wonder if I made the right decision.

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 8:21 am
Cuisinart had more than one type of pots and they have different care instructions. What type are yours?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 8:25 am
Cuisinart kitchen pro induction stainless cookware

skcomputer

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:25 am
I have cuisinart pots that are coming up on 30 years old. I clean them with a mild abrasive like bon ami on the inside when needed, but last year I cleaned the outside of all of them. I bought an industrial degreaser (ZEP 505) at Home Depot. I was advised by my LOR that these type of chemicals do not require a hashgacha. I followed the instructions and I also used a magic eraser and cleaned the outside and bottoms of all of them. They are just as shiny again as when I first got them. That procedure worked on all of my stainless steel pots and tea kettle. Use them in good health!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen