Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anyone still feeling the Bern?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:05 pm
http://www.jewishpress.com/new.....3/22/

This guy is making Donald Trump look better every day - and that's quite an accomplishment.

LisaS

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 6:20 am
The Purim story helped put the elections in context. It goes from strange to stranger - only Hashem could have written such a script.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 8:08 am
I have (Jewish) neighbors who are. They'll inevitably vote Democrat and I guess can't stomach Hillary. (Hey, maybe you want to make this amother-enabled. Not for me, I'm for any-Republican-but-Trump.

marina

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 9:38 am
Well, I don't think anyone can make Trump look better. His policy on Israel is to negotiate everything and make Israel pay for American defense aid. He's openly said that.

Bernie, in contrast, hasn't said anything new. Politicians have been trying to hold Israel accountable for decades- including republican presidents. Also some people vote for presidents for America not Israel. In other words, many people are not one issue voters.

grace413

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 10:00 am
marina wrote:
. Also some people vote for presidents for America not Israel.

Why would they do that? LOL

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 28 2016, 11:23 am
marina wrote:
Well, I don't think anyone can make Trump look better. His policy on Israel is to negotiate everything and make Israel pay for American defense aid. He's openly said that.

Bernie, in contrast, hasn't said anything new. Politicians have been trying to hold Israel accountable for decades- including republican presidents. Also some people vote for presidents for America not Israel. In other words, many people are not one issue voters.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a politician - in office, not a wannabe - hold the Palestinians accountable....

Goldie613

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Not for me, I'm for any-Republican-but-Trump.

But what are you going to do now, since Trump seems to be the only Republican left standing?

gold21

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:48 pm
marina wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but it was just bumped up....

Yes, perhaps its true that a number of politicians over the years have attempted to hold Israel accountable for the terror-related issues that plague the area. So, who needs another politician like that? I dont like stupidity, no matter how common it is. Stupid comments are just as stupid from a democrat as they are from a republican. Blaming Israel for the terror that plagues the country is just as stupid as some of the comments that Trump has made. Your political leanings should not give you bias to blur over what one cadidate says and react to what another candidate says.

I dunno. I just wanted to react to your comments. Sorry over a month delayed reaction. Lol.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 3:55 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
But what are you going to do now, since Trump seems to be the only Republican left standing?

At least through the primaries. I'm going to pray that Trump surrounds himself with good people and I might be able to vote for him.

I heard yesterday that Trump's Middle East advisor is Walid Ferris who is supposed to be of the school of solve the Palestinian Israeli problems and world peace will erupt. Troubling. There's time for some resetting though.

mazal555

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 5:25 pm
I'm feeling the Bern!!

He's running for president of the USA, not Israel. Anyway, as frum Jews doesn't it seem weird that people here are more upset that he said some possibly-anti-Israel things (conveniently forgetting that most very Charedi in Israel and in Chul are out and out anti-Zionist) than that he is intermarried?

I'm not trying to vote for the best Jew.

I'm trying to vote for the best President.

gold21

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:06 pm
mazal555 wrote:
I'm feeling the Bern!!

He's running for president of the USA, not Israel. Anyway, as frum Jews doesn't it seem weird that people here are more upset that he said some possibly-anti-Israel things (conveniently forgetting that most very Charedi in Israel and in Chul are out and out anti-Zionist) than that he is intermarried?

I'm not trying to vote for the best Jew.

I'm trying to vote for the best President.

Do u disregard a candidate's foreign policy in general, or only with regard to Israel?

mazal555

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:10 pm
gold21 wrote:
Do u disregard a candidate's foreign policy in general, or only with regard to Israel?

I think domestic issues are usually more important. For Jews, the most important factor for our safety (in Israel or in the USA) is the economic wellbeing of the average American.

If someone is a loose cannon hothead who is going to start a lot of wars, that is different. But in general, I look more closely at what they will do domestically.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics